Electric trailer dolly for maneuvering in tight spaces?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Come to think of it, you may have a point (if your home HVAC system is belly up anyway). After all, we DO hear about 'freezing temps' killing the citrus crops down there on occasion, don't we...

'Eldest daughter lives in Scottsdale and returned home after being HERE for Christmas one year to find ICE on her car's windows at Sky Harbor (airport). 'Wouldn't figure that was possible either! (Also, I believe there has been more than one PGA tourney cancelled/postponed by snow in Arizona! So, there you go...)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
At his age, it's always a good day when EP learns something new.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Backyard fire pit fire. You know, like going camping, but without all the work and suffering.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Aaaaaaaaaaaah! Well, why didn't you say so in the 1st place! :biggrin

Mooney56

GT Owner
Jan 21, 2012
Houston, Texas
If you want to come over to Texas I built one that I used for moving a boat trailer around the airport. Its too big to ship.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Front Hitch...

....and AWD works like a charm

IMG_5443 m (Large).jpgIMG_1539 (Large).jpgIMG_2023.jpg

I used to stuff my enclosed trailer between my garage and the next door neighbor's house - and it wasn't a straight shot, either. Much easier after adding the front hitch. The Mariner was a stock installation, the Mountaineer and Aviator hitches were custom. Made all the difference in the world for maneuvering into tight places.

Jeff

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Nice! If I'm going to unhook the trailer from the VW anyway, I may as well put a receiver on this. Maybe I can rig it to one of the shackle mounts. Nothing says the receiver has to be centered, right?

p949752007-5.jpg

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If you want to come over to Texas I built one that I used for moving a boat trailer around the airport. Its too big to ship.

Thank you for the offer. If I hadn't driven 7,500 miles in the past couple of months, I might have jumped in the car. :lol

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...Nothing says the receiver has to be centered, right?

Correct!! On a forklift, it's on the end of one of the forks. Good luck!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
IMAG1644.jpg

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My Trailex Trailer is easy enough to push around by myself into my building on level ground although I use my little green man mover (JD) outside on my property. If you purchase my trailer you get my helper free!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 1,233

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
In both electric and gasoline versions last I checked;

[video=youtube;BEvM2g18tQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEvM2g18tQ0#t=28[/video]

http://www.powerdolly.co/

My method, tho, I am running out of space for the tractor so I am looking at the Electric dolly above;

DSCN0545.jpg