Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
congrats Eddie!

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Wichita Falls, Texas 76306
Thanks for all the congratulations, guys. I feel very blessed.

Here is a public answer to a private question about service records.

I have them all, and of course they go with the car.

The first service done on my Heritage was the rear axle output flange fasteners recall/replacement/ upgrade. This was done before we had a problem with the original fasteners/bolts. They did a multi-point inspection and also warranted an erratic multi-function/turn signal switch. At 2142 miles on 3/11/08.

I had Ford warranty two different oil pressure sending units that gave erratic readings (even though the oil pressure was always correct). And then I bought a third sending unit (fortunately not GT-specific, and not expensive or hard to replace). While they were replacing one of those senders, and already had the belly pans off, I had Ford do one of the oil changes, under my supervision, with the Ford part # oil and filter specified by Ford.

Ford warrantied a new OEM battery for me at 3050 miles on 10/01/09, and the third battery, now in the car, has the Ford GT sticker on it and has always been on the trickle charger/maintainer, and still spins the engine what seems like as fast as ever. Never any gage problems with this car, but I have always made sure the battery ground strap/cable connection is clean, bright, and tight, and I let the gages normalize before starting the engine.

Ford replaced under warranty the boot for the emergency brake handle that had a mark on it from the brake handle being a little too loose on the adjustment, and therefore traveling enough too far with the brake fully applied, to pinch the boot. Same visit they replaced a erratic-reading oil pressure sensor. Engine oil and filter change. This at 3307 miles, on 12/14/09

On one of the GT Guys trips through Texas, I had them do the pictured big Whipple and drive belt install and tune with the SCT tuner/code reader that I received with the Whipple purchase. They did the Accufab big throttle body install and the Mafia that makes the fuel pressure correct with the extra boost. They installed a cooler set of spark plugs for the anticipated extra power. The ones that came out are perfect and go with the sale. We installed an air intake tube inner support to keep the rubber tube from distorting/ flexing inward under high air flow demand. They did the install of the Heffner Stainless muffler eliminator. With the belly pans off for the other work, I had them change the engine oil and filter, change the transaxle oil, check the oil pump belt and pulley and alignment, change the engine anti freeze and coolant, change the aftercooler antifreeze and coolant, change the brake and clutch system fluid, and retorque the rear axle outer hub nuts. This at mileage 3994, on 10-25-2011. In the seven years and four months since then, I have averaged about 138 miles a year by starting the car, getting it up to temp and running it gently through the gears and cycling the heater and air conditioner, and not let the car sit too long in between drives, to avoid flatspotting the tires. All the miles on the car are on the original tires, brake discs and pads, and all you have to do to verify the condition of the car, is to inspect those original parts. Most of the last thousand miles are in my own driveway (1/4 mile long all concrete) . Helping to verify that, my last Texas inspection sticker was year 2014, last vehicle registration 2015, and both of those stickers are still on the car.

The last service done was by Ford, and they made a house call to do both air bag replacements, and under my supervision, (and with a couple of my tools).

The big workshop manuals go with the sale.

Thanks for looking,

Eddie

Attachments

• 06 Ford GT Workshop Manual  1.jpg
    06 Ford GT Workshop Manual 1.jpg
    786.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 06 Ford GT Workshop Manual  2.jpg
    06 Ford GT Workshop Manual 2.jpg
    878.3 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
More items that go with the sale54592

Attachments

• Certificate to me from Ford.jpg
    Certificate to me from Ford.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • Ford GT Seat vent buttons.jpg
    Ford GT Seat vent buttons.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
  • Ford GT Quarter turn  fasteners for trunk liner.jpg
    Ford GT Quarter turn fasteners for trunk liner.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
These wheels/Hoosiers that go with the sale, have never been installed, but I put them up close to the car, to show how they are going to look.

The new/unworn helmet and bag go with the sale.

]54659

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Another picture- emergency tire kit.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That kit expired 10 years ago. :LOL:

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
But it is so VERY original! :)

Reactions: Ed Sims and RPM217

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
Part of the paperwork included in the sale- Standard Equipment List.

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
More documentation that is included in the sale-

Key features and options-Key features and options.jpgKey features and options.jpg

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Eddie, as I mentioned earlier, give BaT a try. If nothing else, you will get a ton of exposure.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I suspect that there will be an uptick in interest after April 5th......

Reactions: BAT

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
One of the extras I am including in my Heritage sale-2018-09-17 Eddie Hill Ford GT brochure(18).jpg

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007

Interesting what these cars are capable of, with more horsepower from the original engine, and in the right hands!

Cheers,

Eddie

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
This is not directly related to my Heritage sale, but yesterday, 4/9/19, was the thirty first anniversary of drag racing's first run in the four second zone. I was blessed with a run of 4.99 seconds at 288 mph on 4/9/88, the day that seemed to demand it. Thank you, Lord!

Super Stock Aug 1988.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Eddie

Reactions: JWZ

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
Eddie,have you thought about separating the sale with all the extras such as selling the wheels and other hardware separately. Potential takers might want the car as it came from the show room,without the ancillary stuff.

Reactions: Nafod

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
I have thought about that, and would do so if a buyer wants it that way, and offered that option somewhere in my ad. I had rather wait for a buyer that wants it the way it is now, but I can go either way, depending on the wishes of the buyer.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Whipple supercharger.jpg

Cheers,

Eddie

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
World Class Performance-

World class performance.jpg

Cheers,

Eddie

Reactions: FerrariSlayer

FourFather

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 24, 2007
I interrupt this commercial to bring you a picture of me flying my 229mph top fuel hydro-

Eddie flying top fuel boat.jpg

I don't do that anymore, but what a rush that was!

Cheers,

Eddie

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Nice shot. I'll bet that was scary!!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007