Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Any news on the seat covers?

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
The passenger seat is done and she is just finishing up the pattern and seat cover for the driver’s seat. Should be posting pictures this weekend and taking orders after that. She will be able to do 1 set per week.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I know I get the first set!

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
The key is just not to slide across the bolsters when getting in or out of the car. No leather care products needed.

Jays1953vette

Nov 8, 2007
Lower height of drivers seat on a 2005 Ford GT

Hello, is anyone aware of a a kit one can purchase to lower the drivers seat? I could use another inch or two of headroom...Many thanks, Jay

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Call Steve listed just above in post #21, Knights Autoworks. He has done many seat lowerings.

Jays1953vette

Nov 8, 2007
Thank you. Also, does anyone know of a way to utilize brackets to reduce the seat height? I did the same for my Viper and it worked great. It did require a fixed position seat and that would work for my GT. Thanks, Jay

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Call Steve listed just above in post #21, Knights Autoworks. He has done many seat lowerings.

Knights Autoworks is closed

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Thank you. Also, does anyone know of a way to utilize brackets to reduce the seat height? I did the same for my Viper and it worked great. It did require a fixed position seat and that would work for my GT. Thanks, Jay

I believe other owners here had a thinner seat pad made. There are posts somewhere here discussing how they went about it.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Really? Is Steve still around maybe elsewhere?

Knights Autoworks is closed

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
60Kmi on mine with minimal seat wear. But I keep it all the way back, and when I get out, I put my left hand on the sill beside the seat back and sort of pivot up and out on my left hand. I get in by facing to the left and then plopping my butt on the seat. then I put one hand on the door sill and one hand on the center console and lift myself up and then set myself down in driving position. I do it this way to keep the seat covers from sliding around under me.

Speaking of seat covers, I have the custom ones made by Christa, which I highly recommend. See other threads on this topic.

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

I have no idea if my seats are worn. The Ford seat covers have never been off since the car was new. I’ll have to look and see what’s going on underneath.

Chip