Drifting Schools

H

HHGT

Has anyone done a drifting course in the SoCal area, which school do you recommend and what where your impressions?

Will one day be enough? Looking to de-stress...:wink

Anyone else wants to go?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Has anyone done a drifting course in the SoCal area, which school do you recommend and what where your impressions?

Will one day be enough? Looking to de-stress...:wink

Anyone else wants to go?

Are you going to use your FGT, or rent a BMW?

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
HHGT burning off the stress....but not in a BMW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Coj2wfPouuk

H

HHGT

Are you going to use your FGT, or rent a BMW?

I could accidentally run that Bimmer into a wall and save the world from another!!! Where do I sign up?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
I could accidentally run that Bimmer into a wall and save the world from another!!! Where do I sign up?

Sam, rent a BMW here,
http://www.blackandwhiteluxury.com/vehicles.html#sport

I hope they offer collision insurance. Where are the drifting classes offered?

H

HHGT

Sam, rent a BMW here,
http://www.blackandwhiteluxury.com/vehicles.html#sport

I hope they offer collision insurance. Where are the drifting classes offered?

Okay wise guy! I am the one that asked that question in the first place.:willy:willy:willy

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"Why I refer to this place as the asylum"...Chapter one. :rofl

on d bit

Jul 20, 2008
maricopa az
bondurant offered drifting for a couple years. it did not go to well. though i do not know the technical reason why that instruction died my personal opinion was that the ones that wanted to learn those skills were young kids with a lack of cash.

it would not surprise if there were a few more driving academies that have tried the same and now are not offering instruction on the art of looking cool with no purpose, i mean drifting.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Drifting school April 26th at El Toro

Sam I just got this in a email. Be sure to video the event so that we all can see the fun!

DRIFT SCHOOL THIS SUNDAY //

Our friends at 360 Performance Driving Academy are hosting their High Performance Car Control program (aka Drift School) this Sunday, April 26th at the El Toro Air Force Base in Orange County. This is a great opportunity to learn car control skills and drifting techniques in Corvettes from the two-time Formula Drift Champion Samuel Hubinette and other coaches (including some of our very own SVR coaches!). We have a SPECIAL OFFER for our friends to take this school for ONLY $1300, instead of the normal $1695 price. Exercises include skidpad, autocross, drift slalom, donuts, and much more. If you are interested, contact me ASAP.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at:

robbiemontinola@gmail.com or 510.325.6154

H

HHGT

Sam I just got this in a email. Be sure to video the event so that we all can see the fun!

DRIFT SCHOOL THIS SUNDAY //

Our friends at 360 Performance Driving Academy are hosting their High Performance Car Control program (aka Drift School) this Sunday, April 26th at the El Toro Air Force Base in Orange County. This is a great opportunity to learn car control skills and drifting techniques in Corvettes from the two-time Formula Drift Champion Samuel Hubinette and other coaches (including some of our very own SVR coaches!). We have a SPECIAL OFFER for our friends to take this school for ONLY $1300, instead of the normal $1695 price. Exercises include skidpad, autocross, drift slalom, donuts, and much more. If you are interested, contact me ASAP.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at:

robbiemontinola@gmail.com or 510.325.6154

I wish you would have told me last week...:bored

Jones

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2007
Orange County, CA
Sam, I always found that sweeper in FH to be nice to practice on. I believe it's Arbela/Condesa? :driving:

H

HHGT

Sam, I always found that sweeper in FH to be nice to practice on. I believe it's Arbela/Condesa? :driving:

Are you talking about Freindly Hills?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
During the one day ///M Performance School in Fontana, Verena Mei was the drift instructor for the brief drift session. Man, it was really tough to do.

It was also hard to focus, if you see what I mean.

http://www.stargirlracing.com/

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
During the one day ///M Performance School in Fontana, Verena Mei was the drift instructor for the brief drift session. Man, it was really tough to do.

It was also hard to focus, if you see what I mean.

http://www.stargirlracing.com/

Do you mean a BMW school? Sam couldn't be seen in one of those!

H

HHGT

Do you mean a BMW school? Sam couldn't be seen in one of those!

Barf.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Sam,
I have contacts for you or we can go out ourselves and I'll show you some stuff.... save some $$$ and we can figure out a time whenever..... I have a buddy that's an instructor with 2 cars.... we can figure something out if you want.....

timmay

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
Isn't that what KJSlider does. I thought he drove race cars and did drifting?

H

HHGT

Sam,
I have contacts for you or we can go out ourselves and I'll show you some stuff.... save some $$$ and we can figure out a time whenever..... I have a buddy that's an instructor with 2 cars.... we can figure something out if you want.....

timmay

Call me and lets setup up something. Thanks Tim:thumbsup:thumbsup