Dress for rally

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
I know there was some brief discussion about what type of clothes to bring for the rally.

DBK and GTJOEY - without opening up the can of worms and hate mail, from what you guys know about what is planned, what would you recommend?

Time to start packing and make sure I have clean socks - time is short :banana

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Wear whatever you want. It's going to be August in Detroit. We'll be in manufacturing facilities. Those two things = hot! I'd recommend light clothing for the tour days and cruising, at the C.E.C smarter dress is appropriate. I'll wear something nice to make Joey feel good. Camilo's place is also VERY hot and has no A.C. I was there a few hours the other day and it was me, Francesca, Camilo, his mom, and one other person and I was sweating big time. But it was 90+ outside at the time.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
So no requirements of long pants and close toed shoes for instance at the plants?

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Um , its so damn hot, bonys coming in his birthday suit, get ready hes all shaved up. other thanbony nice dress on friday nite the rest is casual . you can be casual there too but there will be magazine coverage ect. thanks gtjoey :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Joey, I prefer to keep my short comings private, I will be wearing white trash country club casual... no wife beater undershirt for me :biggrin :willy :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
bony said:
Joey, I prefer to keep my short comings private . . .

Or short privates .... :biggrin

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
gtjoey said:
nice dress on friday nite the rest is casual . you can be casual there too but there will be magazine coverage ect.

Want to be clear - are you talking "normal" nice clothes or suit?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
AZGT said:
Want to be clear - are you talking "normal" nice clothes or suit?

A suit in August in Detroit???? Nooooo say it isn't soooo.

AZGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ.
Florida Chris said:
A suit in August in Detroit???? Nooooo say it isn't soooo.

Hey - I'm in Phoenix in the monsoon season. Detroit in August will be a cool down. Might need the suit to warm me back up :willy

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I may be in the minority here, but I was planning on being very casual/sporty (shorts, sandals, t-shirts) - none of this "Pebble Beach casual." Please tell me I don't have to dress like a "lady". :frown I might bring a summery dress for Friday night. It's modest, but not at all "dressy". I don't plan on being captured in a picture. Do I need to reconsider? :ack

05redrich

GT Owner
Feb 20, 2006
MA
I am in the same camp as piccola (minus the dress)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
piccola said:
I may be in the minority here, but I was planning on being very casual/sporty (shorts, sandals, t-shirts) - none of this "Pebble Beach casual." Please tell me I don't have to dress like a "lady". :frown I might bring a summery dress for Friday night. It's modest, but not at all "dressy". I don't plan on being captured in a picture. Do I need to reconsider? :ack

you can never go wrong with the little black cocktail dress... and diamonds :banana

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
What ever you guys like... gtjoey 1314 :thumbsup

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
Copy on the "what ever" there gtjoey. (Practicing my CB lingoooo for the drive to the ralley, I'm viewing training films. Just finished Smokey and the Bandit 12). :wink Seriously, everyone please drive and arrive safely!

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
piccola said:

I'm w you Piccola. I don't even own any "Pebble Beach casual" clothes. I dress more like the Buffet from Key West than the Buffett from Omaha.

ksracing71

Jun 16, 2006
It was 106 F in the Troy plant today. Hope it cools down a little for next week.