Down to $265,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Well the Sonic Blue GT price keeps dropping, it's down to $265,000 with 3hrs to go. It will be interesting if it finally gets a good home!!!

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
$261,500 Buy it Now...

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
for a one off color thats actually a good price!

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
Lake Las Vegas, Henderson, NV
This is not the time to be selling anything expensive....particularly something unique like sonic blue unless you absolutely have to. Great time for buying though. :thumbsup

Hopefully whoever gets it joins the Forum. :banana

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Just think, they turned down some $290,000 offers just a few weeks ago!!!!

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
This guy is always a week or two behind prices. I have offered a decent price for it 3 or 4 times. He has ruined his credibility. He has made him self look weak when he lowers the price every other day. From 3 MILLION to $261k. I only wish the guy the best as I hate to see any dealer hurting as I am a dealer myself. Someone buy this car. I guarantee it will go way back up after this bunkass recession

Last edited:

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
This thing must have sold at 259,999, he had offers from the one fellow ranging from 255,000 to 290,000 in a 6 day period. This car will be interesting to watch over time as it changes hands.
John

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
$259,999 is a great price for the car...I think he paid $380k for the car.

Hopefully it went to a forum member? or the new owner will join us.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
so is the saga is finally over? :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
$259,999 is a great price for the car...I think he paid $380k for the car.

$260K is about $70K more than I figured it'd go for when all was said & done - especially given the economy situation. I'm actually astonished it sold for that much. But then again, we all know I'M CHEAP.:biggrin

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
so is the saga is finally over? :lol

As with a certain orange whip I think this saga will go on and on ............and on!!!! It must be the curse of a unique color thing. :lol

Seriously though, I hope the seller gets what he wants from the car and moves on. Like Shelby mentioned it is sad that he has turned down so many better offers and then they dry up.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
As with a certain orange whip I think this saga will go on and on ............and on!!!! It must be the curse of a unique color thing. :lol

Seriously though, I hope the seller gets what he wants from the car and moves on. Like Shelby mentioned it is sad that he has turned down so many better offers and then they dry up.

its no longer orange, it should be referred to as the only white with black stripe gt in existance,:biggrin and somehow I know you are right, the saga will never be over, I do believe the car will be worth alot in the future now is not the time to sell such a car,

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
$260K is about $70K more than I figured it'd go for when all was said & done - especially given the economy situation. I'm actually astonished it sold for that much. But then again, we all know I'M CHEAP.:biggrin

seems like 260k isnt bad considering low mile heritage cars are still going in the 190k range.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
seems like 260k isnt bad considering low mile heritage cars are still going in the 190k range.

Sub 1000 mile cars are bringing more than that :thumbsup

skyrex

FORD GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 11, 2008
its no longer orange, it should be referred to as the only white with black stripe gt in existance,:biggrin and somehow I know you are right, the saga will never be over, I do believe the car will be worth alot in the future now is not the time to sell such a car,

I saw the pics that were posted of her. She may have black stripes now, but she will always be The Orange Whip at heart. Besides I think she has a little orange "tattooing" left in the engine bay and trunk area. She may have married new stripes, but look deep enough and you will find her wild side. :wink

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
I was trying to buy the car and OC just emailed me and said it sold for $252K. I know GTJoey was hard on my heels, but I do not know if he bought it. It is one of one, but in color only. Just not sure if that is worth a $100K premium over other "new" GTs at $150K. OC Welch is a gentleman and sorry to hear about him selling at such a loss.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...........Just not sure if that is worth a $100K premium over other "new" GTs at $150K...............

+1

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I saw the pics that were posted of her. She may have black stripes now, but she will always be The Orange Whip at heart. Besides I think she has a little orange "tattooing" left in the engine bay and trunk area. She may have married new stripes, but look deep enough and you will find her wild side. :wink

ya she still has her tramp stamp:biggrin

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
whoever got it, congrats! What a car to have....

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
It is one of one, but in color only. Just not sure if that is worth a $100K premium over other "new" GTs at $150K. .

Exactly. I suggested sometime back that the color might be worth $15K extra by itself (since the color is the ONLY thing unique to that car), but I suppose that all depends on what one intended to DO with the car. It could be worth some extra $$$ to someone who figures the '"one off" paint makes it unique enough to just "museum" it for instance. But, for anyone who just wants a "unique" GT to play with...?

One thing's for sure. Both the buyer and the seller agreed on the value of that particular car at this particular time - and they were both satisfied given todays mkt - and good for them! So, whether any of US would have paid more or less for it matters not one darn bit - nor should it! :biggrin

Status
Not open for further replies.