Does this seem normal?

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
Today I took a ride for about 45 minutes in the heat, with the AC on full blast. When I got home I noticed a large puddle of water under the car. It was coming from above the front suspension. When I placed it on the lift it kept leaking. It was leaking more in intermittent spurts other than dripping. It has stopped since then. It is definitely water (likely condensation), but seemed excessive. Is this anything to worry about??? Has anyone else noticed this? It left a rather large puddle on the driveway that I noticed after putting it on the lift.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 7
Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Sounds normal. The car literally has no water anywhere on-board, so it has to be condensation from AC.

1997spider

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2018
Washington D.C.
Sounds normal. The car literally has no water anywhere on-board, so it has to be condensation froIMG_6123.jpgm AC.
I went back to look one more time on the lift and noticed this drain hole above the puddle. I am feeling better about this now, lol, just seemed like an abnormal amount of liquid.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
They all do it. I'll have water on the passenger door bottom from it also. All is good.

Ed

Reactions: 1997spider

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
No sweat (literally) if you’re seeing that. It means your AC is working! Come down here to Louisiana with 99% humidity... it is literally a stream of water coming off of the evaporator coil. You’re good!