Dodge Challenger

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
There is one in SoCal for $12K over MSRP if anyone is interested... PM me...

Several new ones on ebay for about $5k over MSRP

H

HHGT

Several new ones on ebay for about $5k over MSRP

Shows you how much I know. I saw it yesterday at a local dealership, good looking car nevertheless - thought I'd pass it on.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hmmm. 'Odd. My local dealer SEZ he'll sell me an SRT8 in the fall for MSRP.:confused

H

HHGT

Sorry guys, I'm not up to date on these cars, but, if my memory serves me correctly, it did say 6.2L Hemi. Again, don't know if they're all the same or optioned differently, but I can go look tomorrow as I am picking up some maintenance stuff for the Viper.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Beautiful car but I am holding out fo the '10 camaro!

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Anyone figured out a way we can ship Al Gore and his message to the Southern Hemisphere for about 10 years? Until his prediction passes from last Sunday's Meet the Press Interview?

iamwithstupid.gif

Last edited:

JTHennessey

Jul 28, 2008
Houston, TX
Sorry guys, I'm not up to date on these cars, but, if my memory serves me correctly, it did say 6.2L Hemi. Again, don't know if they're all the same or optioned differently, but I can go look tomorrow as I am picking up some maintenance stuff for the Viper.

All 2008 Dodge Challengers came numbered to 6400 units. All of them have a 5 speed automatic transmission with the 6.1L SRT8 Engine.

JTHennessey

Jul 28, 2008
Houston, TX
Hey I just snagged(tuesday) a 2008 SRT in Baytown..Orange with black stripe, very nice car drove it around yesterday, got alot of lookers, beautiful ride, smooth ride

As John mentioned... If you have the time and ability, swing by the shop. We would love to have you out here. There is about 12 challengers here right now!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Sorry guys, I'm not up to date on these cars, but, if my memory serves me correctly, it did say 6.2L Hemi.

Sam is used to adding extra size to measurements...

:biggrin

Yes, I know I will soon regret incurring his wrath... :frown

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Beautiful car but I am holding out fo the '10 camaro!

What are some compelling vehicle specific reasons to hold out for the Camaro?

Aside from brand loyalty or exterior style?

Just curious as to the anticipated major performance differences.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
What are some compelling vehicle specific reasons to hold out for the Camaro?

Aside from brand loyalty or exterior style?

Exterior style IS a reason. It's just a better looking car in the opinion of many - in photos anyway.

But, IMHO the biggest reason to wait is to see what they put under the hood. If they put some 'ringgggg-a-ding, ding, ding, ding V-6 in it - NO SALE. 'Roo-mer' has it GM won't put a REAL engine in it until a year AFTER the car's initial release. But I suspect they're gunna HAVE TO offer a 'hairy chested' engine option in the car right off the bat, 'cause MOPAR will be offering the street version of the 392 Hemi in their Challenger by then. So, GM will have no CHOICE but to offer something like the ZO6's 505hp 427 if they wanna compete on THAT level.

And for THAT - most will wait! :cheers

H

HHGT

Sam is used to adding extra size to measurements...

:biggrin

Yes, I know I will soon regret incurring his wrath... :frown

You know Randy, my wife has accused me of the same exact thing. I just have to figure out what the insinuation is :willy:willy:willy

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Thanks Tim

Many thanks to Tim for letting my brother road test your car for www.thetruthaboutcars.com. That Challenger is an impressive piece!

The review can be seen here:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2008-dodge-challenger-srt8-review/

Sanjay