Dodge Challenger

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
Hey I just snagged(tuesday) a 2008 SRT in Baytown..Orange with black stripe, very nice car drove it around yesterday, got alot of lookers, beautiful ride, smooth ride

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Hey I just snagged(tuesday) a 2008 SRT in Baytown..Orange with black stripe, very nice car drove it around yesterday, got alot of lookers, beautiful ride, smooth ride

pics?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Trying to fiqure out how to do it

go to photobucket and sign up for an account its free.

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You, Sam, and ROC(?) (who was the other member who bought one already?) are gunna hafta compare notes! :thumbsup :cheers

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
Congrats on the new Challenger its a Great looking car. I bought one yesterday in Orange should be here in about a week.

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
Challenger

Thanks and congrats on your purchase , you wont be disappointed.I already signed up on Challenger forum and there already talking about super and turbo chargers coming out, i saw a 700 hp Hennessey and they wanted 105,000 k their nuts. got mine for around 50k out the door

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Was disappointed to find ot the new Challenger "SS" will not be street legal. Samthejeepman fwded me a Mopar release on it which stated same.

I think Mopar is missing a gold mine mkt wise on this. 99.9% of 'loyalists will have no practical use or "justification"(?) for this car...whereas if Mopar would at least provide an "option" for the car that'd make it juuuuuuuuuust street legal - they'd sell every one they made (no air, ps, pb, heater, elect. this or that, etc. ... but HAVE air bags, 'lights, turn sigs, etc.).

Mebbe they could at least make a 392 available for the 'cars that ARE street legal?

Aaaaah, but, whut do I know...:bored

huffmantimm

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 26, 2007
sheldon,tx
ss price

what are they wanting dollar wise on the ss. does anybody know, and are they all sold..

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
what are they wanting dollar wise on the ss. does anybody know, and are they all sold..

'Last I heard, around $50K. (Ya, I know: WHY, when a fully loaded "streeter" is about that.) ('Quoted artical said "zip".)

'No idea as to availability...

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
larry
some more credible info !!!
from one of my chrysler upper office contacts, i was told that by 2010/11 they will be offering a "special" hemi street drag challenger for the masses !!!!!.
there is a test mule being built right now and he will forward me pictures of it by the end of the year.
also in the works(and this excites me) -----2010 revamped charger---2 door/hemi/clone to the 70 charger with hide-away lights etc etc.
looks like chrysler(if they are still around), might take over the market in the near future with this new car line up !!!!

sam
ps--love the hood pins and mods you have made--what did you mean by the amc pacer rollers ?????

Last edited:

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
great picture,
like that stop light :)

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Love that car ....

Just love that new Challenger. If the registration tax system overhere weren´t so crazy I would have one to keep this baby company in the garage :)

26932_TAvfront03.jpg

Automotive8r

Feb 8, 2007
what's that on your front license plate?

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
thx bony
found it at a garage sale awhile back
hooked it up to my sentry light control
when ever anything passes the beam, all three lights light up for 5 minutes --lol

sam

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
larry
some more credible info !!!
from one of my chrysler upper office contacts, i was told that by 2010/11 they will be offering a "special" hemi street drag challenger for the masses !!!!!.
there is a test mule being built right now and he will forward me pictures of it by the end of the year.

Well now, THAT'S a coincidence! On 7/15 I sent an email to Chrys stating pretty much exactly what I previously posted above - including the suggestion they DO exactly what your "contact" has told you they in fact WILL be doing! So, it duzzunt look too bleak after all...except for the fact we'll (I'll) need to WAIT summore.:ack:thumbsdow:cheers

(I LIKE that Charger prospect too!)

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2006
Thanks and congrats on your purchase , you wont be disappointed.I already signed up on Challenger forum and there already talking about super and turbo chargers coming out, i saw a 700 hp Hennessey and they wanted 105,000 k their nuts. got mine for around 50k out the door

Our Challenger has 725 hp and about $60k worth of upgrades. It would also run with a stock GT from 40-120 mph. We also have numerous other less expensive upgrades for the Challenger. Come out and see us sometime and go for a ride in my car:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9SRAxR9_M4

cobrar1339

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 2, 2006
Diamond Bar, Ca
Saw one on the street for the first time today. All Black.

Agreed it is a stunning re-creation.

FORDGT001

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2005
I got mine yesterday. Its a great car for the money.

H

HHGT

There is one in SoCal for $12K over MSRP if anyone is interested... PM me...