Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 707hp

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I got all black (incredibly ominous looking!), manual transmission...the car isn't "big" feeling at all...it handles much smaller than the weight would suggest. The power is very linear and quite honestly intense...the exhaust note at idle and at (and up to) speed is sick...the downshift burble puts a smile on your face too. The brakes are incredibly impressive...you get a head rush with a quick deceleration. There are a ton of apps that come with the infotainment...full complement of analog drawn digital screen gauges including air induction temp, boost, horsepower/torque (amazing how little horsepower/torque you need to maintain 70mph on the highway), as well as 0-60, 0-100, g-force gauge, etc. The seats are incredibly supportive...I went with the full alcantara seats...I saw the full leather option on another Hellcat and don't think it's worth the additional $1800....one guys opinion though.

Seriously loving the car.....there isn't another car I have ever owned/driven that offers so much for so little (relative to other hot cars).

Thanks for your impressions of the car. Now, how about some pics, or better yet, a video clip?!?!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I saw a pre-Hellcat SRT Challenger at an auto cross event. The course wasn't particularly tight, not a typical auto cross layout, and the Challenger SRT did a lot better than I had expected. And the driver had a great time. I like the look. Some of the most fun I've had was with my Mustang and Mustang Cobra. Completely unpretentious, and approachable. Everyone loves an american muscle car. Well, not everyone. But just good honest fun that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I got all black (incredibly ominous looking!), manual transmission...the car isn't "big" feeling at all...it handles much smaller than the weight would suggest. The power is very linear and quite honestly intense...the exhaust note at idle and at (and up to) speed is sick...the downshift burble puts a smile on your face too. The brakes are incredibly impressive...you get a head rush with a quick deceleration. There are a ton of apps that come with the infotainment...full complement of analog drawn digital screen gauges including air induction temp, boost, horsepower/torque (amazing how little horsepower/torque you need to maintain 70mph on the highway), as well as 0-60, 0-100, g-force gauge, etc. The seats are incredibly supportive...I went with the full alcantara seats...I saw the full leather option on another Hellcat and don't think it's worth the additional $1800....one guys opinion though.

Seriously loving the car.....there isn't another car I have ever owned/driven that offers so much for so little (relative to other hot cars).

Sounds great, pics please.

jjtarnow

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2014
Here are a few pics....the weather has been rough here for a few days. I will take better pics and post them when it clears up.

Thanks for the comments!

All the best....JJ

Attachments

• HellCDelivery.jpg
    HellCDelivery.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 269
  • HellCengine.jpg
    HellCengine.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 267
  • HellCfront.jpg
    HellCfront.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 268

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Very sinister, indeed! Looks great.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Oy, the comments. Hoping this wank isn't elected as president of the Hellcat owner's club.

[video=youtube;R-ZKF1vQaw0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ZKF1vQaw0[/video]

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Oy, the comments. Hoping this wank isn't elected as president of the Hellcat owner's club.

Yeah... :facepalm: I'm guessing the average Hellcat owner might be a bit less, shall we say, "sophisticated" than the average FGT owner. :wink

I am very curious though to see how quickly the aftermarket will be able to start spinning up those Hellcat superchargers. Sounds like they are way-underdriven from the factory. Would be interesting to see if a simple pulley swap/tune would net another 200+ rwhp. Would make for some good straight-line fun, anyway.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Hmmmm, I might have to disagree about the average Hellcat Owner statement. I'm building my 2015 SRT into a Hellcat now. Adding a 2.9 Whipple blower to get up to about 750...or more, depending on what I can safely run boost at without blowing anything up!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Hmmmm, I might have to disagree about the average Hellcat Owner statement. I'm building my 2015 SRT into a Hellcat now. Adding a 2.9 Whipple blower to get up to about 750...or more, depending on what I can safely run boost at without blowing anything up!

I rest my case! Lol, just kidding. The comment was tongue-in-cheek. I have two SRT8 challengers already, and a Hellcat on the way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 151
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Rumour has it that there may be a Viper Hellcat as well with a purported 800+ HP...

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Rumour has it that there may be a Viper Hellcat as well with a purported 800+ HP...

It would be interesting evolution, and certainly possible, but would the market be interested in a Viper that didn't have a V10?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
I think they are putting the Hellcat supercharger system on the V-10 for the Viper.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I think they are putting the Hellcat supercharger system on the V-10 for the Viper.

'Would be a looooooooong overdue upgrade IMHO...that or T.T.s

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
If they do the SC V-10 and a real launch control system it could be a real contender on the streets again. Something to desire again rather than the has-been that its become.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
It's already a contender in the street. The new Gen IV is still king of the heap...trouncing the new Z06 and pretty much most everything else. A Hellcat version would make it one of the fastest cars on the planet...not that it's a fantastic all around ride, but it's still a beast.

I don't know why anyone thinks it won't be a V10...my bet is that there will never be a Viper without a V10...

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012

Yeah, as if there aren't a hundred similar stories out there about brand-new FGTs, vipers, etc. Major bummer, though. Sadly, I'm sure there are many more of these cases to come.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Very sad. Good news and amazing that no one was seriously hurt.

This is something that would never happen to EP, he trailers his new cars right back to his garage.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Hi Guys I am looking for a dealer pamphlet on the 2015 Hellcat. I can't seem to find one here in Canada. But you Americans always get ,more than the Canadians even though the car is made here in Brampton. Ontario. So if any of My GT buddies can grab one for me from any dealership that would be great. Thanks

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California