Mar 1, 2007
I'm really not that interested in the mistakes of others...:thumbsdow

I make enough of them on my own!!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I went today to the local southern california Dodge Dealer and asked for a Challenger Hellcat brochure. He said they got in 6 Hellcats and sold all of them. He said there are no more brochures left. He also spoke of a $25K ADM.

Sorry that I wasn't able to help.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I just dropped my 2015 Jeep SRT in to the shop on Feb 19th...she's getting a 2.9 litre Whipple, which should make about 730 HP all said and done. That's my version of the Jeep SRT Hellcat! I should see her on March 5th...

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
thx guys for checking. Got it looked after by our great friend and GT Godfather GTjoey.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...the local southern california Dodge Dealer...spoke of a $25K ADM (for a Hellcat).

...my 2015 Jeep SRT...getting a 2.9 litre Whipple, which should make about 730 HP... That's my version of the Jeep SRT Hellcat...

Doing that makes a lot more sense than handing a dealer an extra $25K in ADM for which you would essentially be getting nothing.

'Going to my room now... :leaving:

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I just dropped my 2015 Jeep SRT in to the shop on Feb 19th...she's getting a 2.9 litre Whipple, which should make about 730 HP all said and done. That's my version of the Jeep SRT Hellcat! I should see her on March 5th...

I would love to hear more about that project, when you get it back. That should be a LOT of fun, with power to 4 wheels.

Pdenaro

GT Owner
Jan 15, 2009
Glendale,AZ
Bought a Hellcat last week, not only is it stupid fast, its does the dirty work like pick my kids up from school and helps with the "honey do" list on the weekends, So I can save My Ford Gt for the Sexy Stuff!

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I would love to hear more about that project, when you get it back. That should be a LOT of fun, with power to 4 wheels.

I'd also like to hear your thoughts on your truck when you get it back. Are you doing anything to help with the additional power/heat (e.g. enhanced brakes and/or cooling)?

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
ADM !!! Never.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I'd also like to hear your thoughts on your truck when you get it back. Are you doing anything to help with the additional power/heat (e.g. enhanced brakes and/or cooling)?

The massive stock Brembo's will have no issue with the added power. They brake like my sportbikes...just insane.

It comes with a rad upgrade, which from what I understand, keeps the truck running pretty much like stock, but I guess we'll see.

She baselined a cool 433 RWHP stock today on a Dynapack with the front wheels not powered...very high for this truck...

We are probably looking at just over 620 RWHP when properly tuned...but I can tell you that in stock trim, I've done a 0-60 in under 3.8 in ideal conditions on the road. Not too shabby for a 5300 LB pig...

I have no idea what she'll do S/C'd, but I suspect maybe 3.3's. Even with AWD though - at this type of power, she'll spin tires hard off the line. Tuning will be very critical in this case, as the 6.4's are known to crack pistons without proper tuning.

This is about the best truck I have ever owned...in every way. It blows the X5 and Cayenne away IMO. Interior finish is on par with trucks at 2x the price...and the only way I can describe the sound of that engine/ exhaust is....think twin Merc Marine 502's on the open water. It sounds the same, only with less volume.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hellcat sales suspended

Looks like Dodge pulled a "The Producers" oversale...

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015/03/16/dodge-hellcats-are-so-hot-got-suspended/

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"The shortage has led to 50 percent markups on the $60,000-plus by some dealers, while others have reportedly taken dozens of deposits on cars they could take years to deliver, leading Dodge to warn customers of what it called “unscrupulous” behavior."

Noooooooooooo! "Unscrupulous"? Really?

'Looks as though at least ONE car maker has finally gotten fed up with dealers over-doing the whole "free market"/limited production = excess ADM thing.

Kudos to Mopar.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Kudos to Mopar.

+1

On this one issue

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
WOW!! Thankfully got mine a few weeks ago and is sleeping in the garage until we get warm weather and clean roads. I knew form my dealer that Chrysler was all over these cars as to who the order was for, when it was delivered to the customer etc. I had an inkling but now I know why.

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
WOW!! Thankfully got mine a few weeks ago and is sleeping in the garage until we get warm weather and clean roads. I knew form my dealer that Chrysler was all over these cars as to who the order was for, when it was delivered to the customer etc. I had an inkling but now I know why.

+1... :thumbsup

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
What an amazing story, they put the Viper in a 5 year hibernation, and then the car tanks, and now there's so much demand for the cat from hell they're restricting orders. If people don't buy into the hype, dealers will be forced out of their "unscrupulous behaviors"-

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
If people don't buy into the hype, dealers will be forced out of their "unscrupulous behaviors"-

But as we both know, unfortunately, there will always be people buying into the hype.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
More 'Cats to be built - BUT - "...there’s still a freeze on future orders, and no word on when a thaw is expected":

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2015...ild-more-hellcat-muscle-cars/?intcmp=features