Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat: 707hp

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Just to be sure, best to include all the household pets as well. :lol

catintinfoilhat.jpg

BTW - consideration for your next trip, Avis rents the Audi A3 SportWagen 2.0 TD - that was my favorite rental on corp visits to EU. Fun car, just have to remember, that it's a diesel, so there's no need to run up excess rpm, but plenty of torque up thru 3000rpm.

Last edited:

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
The Challenger is a nice cruzin car. The weight gives it that old big muscle car feel of the early sixtys.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
I was just checking the HellCat out today during our Carlisle Chrysler Nationals! If you'd like to see it in person, be sure to come to the Carlisle Fairgrounds this weekend - shameless plug, but I saw this post :)

Lance

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Awesome. Thanks for the video link. Looks like the stock sticky tires and 8 speed auto are a potent combination. Those are good times given the weight of the car. I can't wait to see what the new auto Z06 will do. I'll still opt for the stick, but the auto should run upper 10s off the showroom floor.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
10.8's with drag radials...

http://shortshift.co/dodge-challenger-hellcat-quarter-mile/

edit: sorry, I didn't initially see that the same video/info was available in the link above.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
10.8's with drag radials...

Are you getting one?

It's a good thing I have this in my arsenal of Fords-

image.jpg

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
This was taken today during the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - it looked pretty good in person!

It sounded killer too...

Lance

photo.jpg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sinovac-

Not sure yet, but probably not.

Nice GT500! What mods have you done? I have one, too, an '07 convertible. 20lbs with Whipple and all the usual supporting mods, good for 750 rwhp. Should be plenty capable of dispatching said Challenger. Still, I have been mulling it over... I have an '08 and an '09 Challenger SRT already, so I told the kids I wanted to trade the '08 in for the new Hellcat, and there was almost a mutiny in the household. God love 'em, they are loyal to our established pack of cars.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 198

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thank you. Yours isn't too shabby either. I went the TVS route. I'm at about 19 psi or so and 714 rwhp and 700 ft lbs. My car is extensively modified. I'm not concerned about the Hellcats either. :lol I'm in the process of converting to 33 spine axles.
It's funny how you get attached to cars. We are the same way in our family. We don't sell often, we just keep building garages.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
This was taken today during the Carlisle Chrysler Nationals - it looked pretty good in person!

It sounded killer too...

Lance

It's nice that Dodge is finally getting some positive press after the Viper debacle. The Hellcat does raise some interesting questions about the Viper.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Thank you. Yours isn't too shabby either. I went the TVS route. I'm at about 19 psi or so and 714 rwhp and 700 ft lbs. My car is extensively modified. I'm not concerned about the Hellcats either. :lol I'm in the process of converting to 33 spine axles.
It's funny how you get attached to cars. We are the same way in our family. We don't sell often, we just keep building garages.

Nice. A local friend has one with a TVS, and it really feels like it has more low and mid-range grunt than mine. I hear ya on those garages. First-world problems, as they say, I guess. From what I can tell from your photo, it really looks like your car means business. I assume you have drag raced it? What sort of e.t.s? I have never ran mine, except against a few cars on the street... in Mexico.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
It's a low 10 second car burdened with a mid 10 second driver. I soft launch and granny shift. I just installed the Weld wheel drag setup and have not had it on the track with the new Mickey Thompsons. I'll take it after I get my new axle built.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
How fast of an ET can you have before you need a roll bar or cage?

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
It's a low 10 second car burdened with a mid 10 second driver. I soft launch and granny shift. I just installed the Weld wheel drag setup and have not had it on the track with the new Mickey Thompsons. I'll take it after I get my new axle built.

That is very respectable!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Easily cured my friend. Drive the golf cart up to StarBucks have a Grande espresso or two, then engage the Mustang. Shorten those reaction times!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
How fast of an ET can you have before you need a roll bar or cage?

The rules were changed in 2013 for 2008 and later unaltered hard tops. They don't need a roll cage if they are slower than 9.99 and 135mph. The previous threshold was 11.49. Mildly modified first gen s197 GT500s easily exceeded this.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
It's nice that Dodge is finally getting some positive press after the Viper debacle. The Hellcat does raise some interesting questions about the Viper.

It seems strange that a new Viper is now only the fourth most powerful American car you can buy.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
The rules were changed in 2013 for 2008 and later unaltered hard tops. They don't need a roll cage if they are slower than 9.99 and 135mph. The previous threshold was 11.49. Mildly modified first gen s197 GT500s easily exceeded this.

So that means FGTs are out of luck if they run faster than 11.49.

What is unaltered? No mods at all or what?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
What is unaltered? No mods at all or what?

Great question. I'm not a serious drag racer and don't know the answer. It seems the NHRA hasn't defined it in the context of the new rule. Some are taking the position that only mild modifications are allowed (intake, tires, etc.), while others claim that only the body structure need be "unaltered." Like many of the NHRA rules, application/interpretation will vary widely from track-to-track and tech-to-tech.