Doc Fee?

DLL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2018
Did your dealer charge a doc and title fee when you bought your GT’s? Like $600 plus. Seems kinda ridiculous to me as I know dealers are compensated by Ford for the delivery.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
$200 paperwork fee. I did the title on my own with the DMV. They inform new buyers that this a non-negotiable fee.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Up to the dealer. I was told not allowed in all states. I discussed it with my concierge and from what he has seen , it was not the norm. I was told from the dealer I purchased it through they were frustrated they could not charge above list so this was one way to upcharge!
When I chose the dealer, I did because they were closest servicing dealer and I thought if they made the investment they should get the sale. I would not do it again. If you have a dealer that has given you good service in the past, give them the business (and ask about all fees prior to finalizing them as the selling dealer)IMO.

DLL

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 25, 2018
ok. Not a big deal. Just curious

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I paid $354 in "documentary preparation" and "title preparation". I was PISSED. They did not even title it, or work with my insurance to register the car. They simply handed me the MSO. They would not budge. I had forgotten about that (was almost 3 years ago).

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Seeing your location, I think we used the same dealer! And yes I had to pay additional fees for plates etc !

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
In some states, dealers must impose the exact same doc fee (that they set) to every single sale.

So in those states, while you might negotiate a lower selling price, the dealer literally can not legally delete the doc fee.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
My dealer, Porter Ford in Newark, DE, did not charge me any additional fees whatsoever. I, of course, paid the full list price for my GT, but there were no add-ons at all. I was out the door after paying what was listed as the TOTAL MSRP on the window sticker, that was it.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Doc Fee in Texas is set at $149.00 by the State and all dealers charge it!

Reactions: steved57

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Milliken Ford did everything for me with my CA registration. It was ready to go when delivered.

Ed