DIY under body restoration made easy

Lorenzo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2008
U.S.A.
A while back i was chasing Ed Simms through the red woods of California and ran over a huge pine cone. Probably blew off after Ed went by.
The sound as it went under my car just about made me cry, I didn't even want to look. As it turned out there was just a few scratches in the E-Coat finish on my front pan under the battery. The pan directally behind the front spliter. After looking at it i just said O well thats really not anything to worry about, Proof of life as they say, No big deal.
Here is what i did to fix it back to new. After removing the pan and scuffing it lightly with a scratcher pad, cleaned it with wax and grease remover, sprayed it with EzCOAT {first picture} and after it dryed it is a perfect match to the OEM E-Coat when it was new. Just thought you may want to know if you have had a simular experence.
e-coatcan.jpg

e-coatpanel.jpg

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Thanks for useful information!

The SEM*** is the part number?

I don't have the problem of Ed kicking stuff up on me, he leaves me too far behind for that to happen. :lol

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
SEM is the manufacturer. 62213 is the part #. I have purchased their stuff for leather cleaning & refacing as well.

I usually go to Amazon.com to find their stuff.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks for the tip !! :thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Looks great!

Aug 25, 2006
Great tip; thank you for sharing

Takes care

Shadowman

standj

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 23, 2007
Wyoming
Thanks, just picked up a can just in case!!