Difficult decisions! Glad it’s over!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Finally completed the ordering process and sent in my deposit! I tormented long time to make final choices for my allocation! This is largest and greatest car purchase for me in my lifetime and wanted it to be right, no regrets! So many choices! I live in an isolated area and have only seen a few GTs ! Drove 4 hrs last spring for the opportunity to see a blue one! Have gone through all the posts in GTs so far a dozen times!! I was hoping for a heritage so decision was made, but fortunate to get CF edition, but more decisions to be made! I congratulate those who took advantage of the extended palette! I decided to go with standard color (liquid grey), I thought Ford designers must have really thought about colors for this incredibly beautiful creation and went with it!
Thank you Philip my GT concierge for your patience. Good luck to you future GT owners and your decisions!!

Reactions: 1418

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
Congrats !

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats. I can imagine the intense thought process, it is a big purchase and a forever attachment. Love liquid grey from what I’ve seen in pictures. Great choice.

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Fabulous. We’ve seen a few of these colors in person and you will be super happy. Can’t wait to see your ride! Now the wait... sleep well!

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
Congrats Gene. Its just keeps getting better from hear. Hang on to your hat and enjoy the ride.
Best

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
It really is a hard thing to finalize, even though it seems like you can't go wrong on any color. Did you go with an accent color?

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Yes, liked release photos for CF , but wanted metallic color ( not leadfoot), so orange accents!

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
It really is a hard thing to finalize, even though it seems like you can't go wrong on any color. Did you go with an accent color?

Whew! That was a close one.

Reactions: Apollo

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations, great combination! I would hate to order a New GT today after seeing all the color combinations of those previously built. It would be very difficult. All colors look great!

cedarstang

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Congratulation I was just up to the plant for my tour and a liquid Gary was on the floor outstanding color.
Enjoy

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks everyone!
Interesting going through the combinations, there are a few which which they will not do or highly recommended not to do!!

FredinNY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 31, 2016
New York
Congrats! Sounds like its going to be beautiful! Lets catch-up when you get a chance. Maybe this year its a midway meetup!

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Thanks Fred! I did remember grey was your second choice! I tormented for a long time between the blue and the grey! Definitely let’s get together this driving season!

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Come on Gene, you've got to include me too!!!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Congratulations. Next big event is the invitation to see your car without its clothes on. Really a great opportunity. Don't miss it. What a great feeling to know you are getting a car and then being able to spec it out as you want it.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Definitely going to multimatic , would not miss it!
Let’s do a northeast rally!!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
It's going to be a great expierence and always a tough choice

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Definitely going to multimatic , would not miss it!
Let’s do a northeast rally!!!
Planning on a GT get together for the IMSA Limerock race

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Congrats Gene! It is a cool experience!

Ed

GTMD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
NorCal
Congratulations for sure Gene! A once in a lifetime experience!