Did you know this about your GT?

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Lock your car. Then try to unlock it with the key. 50% of the GT's I came across allow you to open the door with your key. The other 50% won't. I wonder why? 🤔

Last edited by a moderator:

ultrasportracing

GT Owner
Aug 31, 2011
Perth Western Australia
Are you saying that any GT key will open 1/2 of all GTs

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Are you saying that any GT key will open 1/2 of all GTs

Not well written and bad punctuation. I think he is trying to say that: if you lock your car with the key FOB, and then try to unlock your car with your key, the key will not work. This has been the case on 50% of the cars he has tried using this procedure.

Reactions: Lady Moose

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Not well written and bad punctuation. I think he is trying to say that: if you lock your car with the key FOB, and then try to unlock your car with your key, the key will not work. This has been the case on 50% of the cars he has tried using this procedure.
You are right To Awsum, Yes, lock your car with your fob take your key place it in the door lock turn it to the left 50% of the ones I have come across will pop the lock and at the same time open the door without pushing the button under the ledge. Everyone try this on your car. So one of us that has tooooo much time on their hands or can just come up with the answer will find out why this is? When I get a chance I will text Camilo and see if he may know.:unsure:

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
they will all open with the key, sometime the lock is just jammed or takes more force to turn the key to open the door. people are afraid of breaking their key and rightly so..

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
There is a cable inside the door that connects the lock cylinder to the latch, mechanically. This way you can get in the car if the battery is dead. If it is hard to open push inboard on the door to take some pressure off of the latch. Some cars are harder than others and I have seen (and fixed) quite a few from where the cable is disconnected, miss-installed or broke. All part of my normal PPI. Sometimes the lock cylinder bracket becomes unglued from the door skin too. Seen that a few times too.

I feel like the Farmers commercial. " We know a thing or two because we’ve seen a thing or two. "

Rockstar

GT Owner
Jun 30, 2009
Golden, Colorado
Hey Rich that makes a lot of sense. My next inspection I am doing for a client will prove just that. I have been hired to do what I call "The Rubber Glove Inspection" LOL 😂. This is a full CAVITY SEARCH 😱. Meaning that I take apart any and everything I can get access to. The prices these Baby's are fetching and will fetch in the future are becoming astronomical! That being said u will want a hired gun to climb through a GT thoroughly to see what story she will tell. I tell my clients, u would not buy a house with out a Realtor or having the house inspected would you? So when purchasing one of these fine pieces of American history you really need an expert to have a look under her skirt 😱 to make sure everything is on the up and up with a car you are looking at buying. So either get with Rich "The GT Guy" or myself, Rich Barnes at "The Mustang Ranch" and let us help start the process for u on your quest to obtain one of these Babes. I know Rich does the same thing I do first and that is a paper search. I produce a document called "The Ranch Review" Just ask either one of us.
Best regards, Rich at TMR 303-931-5412

Reactions: Ed Sims