Did I Find the Infamous White /Orange Stripe GT?

H

HHGT

Out of respect for BONY and the rest of the forum members, I will temporarily be in touch with my feminine side while this thread is alive and will not post any further comments.

silver1331

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2008
Chicago, IL
The headlights were a dead giveaway as well...

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
I was considering doing white outers with black centers for my next set of wheels.
Seeing them on this car has convinced me not to go that route.
The last time I saw the white car with orange stripes it has the optional BBS on them.

Each to his own. But gentlemn. the new owner might become a member here and should feel welcome. I see things of FGT's owned by forum members that I feel are not the best choices, and I am sure folks don't like my mods. Live and let live.

Thanks,
Bony

Amen, BONY!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Out of respect for BONY and the rest of the forum members, I will temporarily be in touch with my feminine side while this thread is alive and will not post any further comments.

I ass-ume that after the last time we danced, that is all what remains for you to grab?:willy:willy:eek:lol:lol:willy:banana:banana:willy:willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
LARRY,
If you ever attended one of the FGT events you would see that many folks have their tow hooks installed and even have rondels on their doors... makes the car look like a racer...
at least that is how I view it...

QUOTE]

Setting the SLAM about FGT events aside :tongue :slap :biggrin, I've never seen any photos of 'member's cars posted here on The 'Forum showing the hook in place (unless the hook was the topic of the discussion/photo). DAT'S why seeing it there got me to wonderin'...and we all know how dangerous thinkin' can BE for me...

(And, incidently, oh Fearless Leader, speaking of FGT events and attending 'same - I was in 'Vegas 9/22-9/29 PER THE ORIGONAL DATES OF RALLY III. So was a couple who joined us from the east coast [non car people] who made air/hotel/show/dinner reservations back when we did 'cause those dates worked for them too. Aaaaaaah, and just where was everybody else...???:rofl:rofl:rofl)

Lawrence...
Have you forgotten about the Red GT that was owned by a Doc from Illinois and he powder coated or plastic dipped his tow hook, did a neat Valentine install kit and some coat of arms?

No further comments about your participations at GT events, we know the next time we will see you will be riding on a white donkey:lol:lol:biggrin:lol:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Ackshully, this is the 1st I've heard about those particular labors on the part of the good doctor. The 'dipped 'hook might actually look cool, I suppose...but, a coat of arms? WHAT the devil is up with that...? And you said, "...was owned". Does that mean he saw the light re: his color choice, sold the red one, and now has a BLUE/WHITE?

Oh, uh, I'm really not too confident either pronouncement made in your last sentence shall come to pass!

H

HHGT

I ass-ume that after the last time we danced, that is all what remains for you to grab?:willy:willy:eek:lol:lol:willy:banana:banana:willy:willy

Is this a loop hole for me to start posting after I promised I would not?

Now that our secret is out, should I return the thongs?:ack

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9725

Jdoc7 was the former owner, after a member here promised to buy his car, did not complete the sale, it wound up being bought by Shelby. He did some neat things, and like Shadowman did quite a few documented threads. Sorry to see him sell off his car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
sammy go for it... you get one orange car crack on the house...
better than thinking of your crack :)

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.

:bored
Lady Blue Moose

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Getting back to the original theme of this post, I drove by Momentum Jaguar this morning on my way to The Texas Mile. They had the white beast out front on a display stand for all the world to see. I wish I had had time to stop and check it out.

And on the side topic of the tow hook, I plastic dipped mine in red because I regularly use it to winch my car into the trailer. Being red makes it harder for me to forget and leave it mounted to the car.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Texas...
Did you see your car featured in this weeks Autoweek??

Good luck at the Mile!

Cheers!
Grandpa Bony :)

H

HHGT

:bored
Lady Blue Moose

Man... I can not please anyone.....

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Texas...
Did you see your car featured in this weeks Autoweek??

Good luck at the Mile!

Cheers!

Someone scanned the article and e-mailed it to me. I haven't gotten my copy yet. I had a great time at that event and will be back next year.

I've got some serious competition at The Mile this year. Bernie from BJ Motors is here with an A.R.T. Twin Turbo plus there's a silver one here too. It has a drag chute attached to the rear of it.

I'll get some pictures and post them Monday.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Between Texas and Michigan next month we should watch vacariously some great GT's and their pilots push the limits! :)

Texas...
Did you see your car
featured in this weeks

Autoweek??

Good luck at the Mile!

Cheers!

H

HHGT

Someone scanned the article and e-mailed it to me. I haven't gotten my copy yet. I had a great time at that event and will be back next year.

I've got some serious competition at The Mile this year. Bernie from BJ Motors is here with an A.R.T. Twin Turbo plus there's a silver one here too. It has a drag chute attached to the rear of it.

I hear other than the TTGT, Bernie has another beast with him?

Last edited:

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas
I am thinking about making my white/blue car into a white/flat black car. I wonder how much that would hurt the reslae down the road.

kumar

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2007
Dallas

Im going to be tuned in for a Texas mile thread from you. Im going to the one in the spring for sure.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Well -

I liked the White GT with the Orange stripes - sorry if I offend anyone, but I thought the original changes looked great - a one-off car that was done in the taste that the owner preferred. The whole car was done as one, with the interior and engine bay totally integrated! Sorry if you don't like the colors it had, but the effect was complete - whereas many others don't complete the whole theme. It could have been green&gold, or black&blue, but the reality is - it was complete, down to the harness belts! I appreciate the attention to detail to maintain the theme.:thumbsup

I'm sorry it won't be around any longer....

Ralphie

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I did not know Magnaflow made an exhaust for our cars....... 1st one I have noticed....