Did I Find the Infamous White /Orange Stripe GT?

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
Is this the white /orange stripe car?See if you can find where they left the orange stripes.At first glance I thought WOW!.....Somebody else went through the trouble of painting all the trim white(even the wipers :rofl)but atleast they chose a better stripe color .Then I realized its the same car with a stripe repaint.:banana
Check out the pics and see if you see what i see!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___05-FORD-GT-8K-MILES-MHT-WHEELS-MAGNAFLOW-EXHAUST_W0QQitemZ310094543023QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20TrucksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item310094543023&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C39%3A1%7C65%3A12%7C240%3A1308&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

Last edited:

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Definitely has orange stripe in the engine bay and on the coil covers. I'm amazed they left something that obvious.

A lot of trouble and expense to make a nice car garish. Some fat greasy guy with big gold chains would look right at home in that car.

I apologize if that remark resembles some of my friends here.:lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Suppose if one really wanted to know bad enough he could do a search for the multiple posts here on The 'Forum regarding the different ads in which the white/orange was for sale here & there, 'get the VIN off wunna those and compare the # to this one. :shrug

(But, I think "Texas" pretty much nailed it re: the orange paint aft of the "X" pipe. I didn't scan the pics that far right the 1st time I looked at 'em.)

Last edited:

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
call NINA KHANTIGNAVONG at the dealership for details...........

"Born in the Philippines and raised since a baby here in Texas, Nina's native language is Laotian and Thai. Nina has been in the automotive business for over 9 years working her way up from a receptionist to a service advisor for Bentley & Rolls-Royce for 3 years. She joined the Momentum Internet Sales team about a year ago. Nina's background with highline and exotic vehicles such as Bentley, Aston Martin and Ferrari truly compliments our pre-owned internet team. She aims to offer only the finest in service and sales with your internet vehicle purchase."

Juancooldude - go for it

Being this time of year - orange as the Great Pumpkin's GT would look better :biggrin

Last edited:

JOETWINT

FORD GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 22, 2008
Brooklyn N.Y.
'Suppose if one really wanted to know bad enough he could do a search for the multiple posts here on The 'Forum regarding the different ads in which the white/orange was for sale here & there, 'get the VIN off wunna those and compare the # to this one. :shrug

Ding Ding..........its the same car:rofl

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
So, because of all the rips Sam made, they changed the color?? :lol

Too much!!!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
No GT collection would be complete without the Sonic Blue and this car! :biggrin

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Nice detective work...

I for one, am thankful that some mitigation was done.

I can say that now right, since it's in its current format???

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
I wonder how much money it would take to make this car right again?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That poor car.... please, somebody rescue it!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I was considering doing white outers with black centers for my next set of wheels.
Seeing them on this car has convinced me not to go that route.
The last time I saw the white car with orange stripes it has the optional BBS on them.

Each to his own. But gentlemn. the new owner might become a member here and should feel welcome. I see things of FGT's owned by forum members that I feel are not the best choices, and I am sure folks don't like my mods. Live and let live.

Thanks,
Bony

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
What's not to like about carbon fiber?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
I think it is a huge improvement the wheels could easily be changed, I dont care for the white wall look.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
What is weird I sent out an email with a white Lambo with black centers and white outers
and asked a group of folks what they thought of the combo. The vote came back mostly "yeah-go for it" with the only concern being how to keep it clean. I have no dismissed the idea. I am going with pumpkin orange outers and black centers... and waiting for the encouraging remarks...
Have an amazing weekend.
Bony

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yuk !!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
H'mmmmm. 'Wonder howcome the "tow hook" is in the pics? :willy :willy :willy

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
LARRY,
If you ever attended one of the FGT events you would see that many folks have their tow hooks installed and even have rondels on their doors... makes the car look like a racer...
at least that is how I view it...

RON,
Your ass-gnment is to think how your best customer or your boss, or a doctor that is said to be the best in his field and you need his services, would react if they purchased that FGT, then joined this forum and found that post... Think about it, it could easily happen.

This forum has done well because it develops positive fraternal relations, answers technical questions. Want to participate in a free for all, try LAMBOPOWER where everything goes including full frontal nudity. What the hell, it is the internet and anything goes... well at least some folks think so.

Again, I am asking for some consideration. And... demanding cooperation.
Bony
Admin.

Last edited:

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Found it! Dave called the lack of Gt logo on the steering wheel back almost a year ago ... but it is kind of tragic that they did not remove the rear screens to paint the inside stripe color.

I'd love to see a carfax on this car ... it might be a good second car buy for someone that wanted (and in this market could afford :ack) to do a hugely mod'ed car. Better than a wreck .. at a legal clean title. :thumbsup

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
LARRY,
If you ever attended one of the FGT events you would see that many folks have their tow hooks installed and even have rondels on their doors... makes the car look like a racer...
at least that is how I view it...

QUOTE]

Setting the SLAM about FGT events aside :tongue :slap :biggrin, I've never seen any photos of 'member's cars posted here on The 'Forum showing the hook in place (unless the hook was the topic of the discussion/photo). DAT'S why seeing it there got me to wonderin'...and we all know how dangerous thinkin' can BE for me...

(And, incidently, oh Fearless Leader, speaking of FGT events and attending 'same - I was in 'Vegas 9/22-9/29 PER THE ORIGONAL DATES OF RALLY III. So was a couple who joined us from the east coast [non car people] who made air/hotel/show/dinner reservations back when we did 'cause those dates worked for them too. Aaaaaaah, and just where was everybody else...???:rofl:rofl:rofl)

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
2 things.
1.Long before becoming an owner/supporting member, the "orange" stripe car was the one that got me spanked for referring to a "goofy paint job" GT for sale at an east coast dealer.
2. Per Bony's comments "Want to participate in a free for all, try LAMBOPOWER where everything goes including full frontal nudity", I unfortunately looked at that site and the man is right. It is nice to have a forum here that (all kidding aside about "babe pix, etc") doesn't have gutter crap displayed throughout the site.