Detroit Members Camilo's Bull Run on channel 7 @ 11:00pm

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
Squint your eyes and make "MR HUGGER GUY" slouch and it is Camillo!!!!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
I'm glad no one was filming the day we all left Dearborn after the Rally. Especially on I-94 West. Sometimes it just pays to not seek notoriety. I'm sure Bony can give us a good sermon on this.

Dear Dr. Frank,
It did not register on the meter...
Meanwhile, be safe out there... people are watching with cams :biggrin
Cheers,
Daniel

Attachments

• CareFact.gif
    CareFact.gif
    15.3 KB · Views: 92
Personally, I love to drive my Viper fast and everything, but the things some of the people in these Bull Runs, Players Runs, Cannonball Runs, etc do is just plain stupid. Nothing against Camillo as I've met him and he's a great guy, but I'm just talking about these rally's in general. It would be cool to go cross country with a bunch of high end sports cars, attend the parties, etc but not at the risk of getting innocent people killed. It would be so easy to have someone driving near the speed limit of let's say 70 mph to switch lanes thinking everything is clear and not expecting someone to be crossing 4 lanes of traffic doing 140 mph and rear end them. These types of videos give owners of high end sports cars a bad name and it's why others call us a bunch of rich assholes. I'm no saint. Everytime I take my Viper out I do at least 120 mph. I've taken it to 175 mph on the highway, but there is a time and place for everything. I don't do it on crowded streets or when there is much traffic at all. And I certainly don't weave in and out of traffic doing those speeds.

But as for the news story it is kind of blown out of proportion. From what I've seen there are usually 2 people in the cars on these runs. I think one person would get pretty tired if they had to drive those speeds all the way across the country. So when the reporter says the driver was talking on the cell phone while doing 140 mph I just don't see it. The Vette taking the video probably had someone in the passenger seat on the phone. Sweeps week, media sensationalism, but still not very smart to be doing this kind of thing in heavy traffic.

canuck

GT Owner
Mar 4, 2006
Sensationalism is the bottom line to make a story out of this. The video doesn't exemplify brilliance. Society can learn nothing good from it. What is the purpose of exposing a gifted man's moment of poor judgement. What it proves though is how stupid the reporter is for making a story of this (she would serve better purpose by exposing herself rather than this story) and how even dumber the producer is for allowing it to be broadcast. More harm will come of showing this to the young public than good.

Bravo to Camillo in response to the reporters question. Not only does it show integrity and humility but intelligence. A tough position to find oneself in. Well handled! His comments was akin to a needle popping their bubble.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
fjpikul said:
I'm glad no one was filming the day we all left Dearborn after the Rally. Especially on I-94 West. Sometimes it just pays to not seek notoriety. I'm sure Bony can give us a good sermon on this.

News Flash,,,,,
several of the Bull Run participants got lost and wound up on the streets of Dearborn. They faced an angry crowd who quickly decided a fit punishment for their crimes http://www.machovideo.com/videos.php?article=1685

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
canuck said:
Sensationalism is the bottom line to make a story out of this. The video doesn't exemplify brilliance. Society can learn nothing good from it. What is the purpose of exposing a gifted man's moment of poor judgement. What it proves though is how stupid the reporter is for making a story of this (she would serve better purpose by exposing herself rather than this story) and how even dumber the producer is for allowing it to be broadcast. More harm will come of showing this to the young public than good.

Bravo to Camillo in response to the reporters question. Not only does it show integrity and humility but intelligence. A tough position to find oneself in. Well handled! His comments was akin to a needle popping their bubble.

Fox 2 Detroit did a simmilar story a couple of weeks ago and did not mention his name. It died a quick story.

While I don't condone doing 140mph in traffic, most car guy's with fast cars have done something in the past that they got away with and probably looked back and said that was stupid. If the internet was around in the 60's and 70's there would be some good watching. I am the first to admit it was not a good decision on his part to do that, but "The Video" is fun to watch.

Anyone ever watch the "Ghost Rider" motorcycle videos? Tell me thats not a blast to watch, or the guy on the "Go-Kart" driving 100 mph around Toronto?

We all love to have fun and get caught up in the moment. He said he didn't realize how fast he was going. :lol But to his credit,"notice his turn signal blinking", he was not looking at the speedometer but rather the road and cars in front of him.

IMO an idiot on a cell phone in the left lane of a 70 mph freeway doing 50 mph causes more accidents than these "Bull Run" guys do! Most of if not all these participants are trained drivers with experience. If one of these guys would have been in an accident or caused one, then it would have been national news.

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
fjpikul said:

Acually my son has video of us driving to Troy doing over x4x mph. Of course it is computer generated so dont do a story on me. :bs And I am quite sure Camillos vid is computer generated also. :bs And this bull run thing is just an internet myth. :bs In conclusion NOT GULTY :cheers :banana

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
bony said:
News Flash,,,,,
several of the Bull Run participants got lost and wound up on the streets of Dearborn. They faced an angry crowd who quickly decided a fit punishment for their crimes http://www.machovideo.com/videos.php?article=1685
Bony,

stick to the funny ones ! :ack

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
Statisics say it all. Most accidents involve really old people (often in Buicks) and really young people (often in "tuned" Civics). Something like the Enzo crash on PCH makes big news, but like most sensationalist stories they don't represent a "trend" or common occurrance. I feel bad for Camilo (and somewhat annoyed at the stupidity of the guys who mentioed a specific name and then posted the video on the Internet -- two words: STU-PID!).

I could just as easily flip the reporter's story angle on its head.

"You mean these guys travel at those speed, during the day, and DON'T get into accidents? Wow, they must be really good drivers! Good thing the cars and participants are so capable."

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
SLF360 said:
Bony,

stick to the funny ones ! :ack

Ok, for the little boy in Stefan.. here is Sesame Street
http://fwd.jokaroo.org/c.php?i=9527 :biggrin :lol :biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ENZO BTR said:
Statisics say it all. Most accidents involve really old people (often in Buicks) and really young people (often in "tuned" Civics).
OK.

I have one of each [Buick & Civic].

Which am I?:shrug

Really Old People?:eek

or

Really Young People?:willy

I'm confused again! :confused

By the way, Camilo handled the situation just fine, he is a class act.:thumbsup

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
OK.

Which am I?

I don't know -- have you gotten into any accidents with them that were your fault? If not, then you're neither.

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
ENZO BTR said:
OK.

Which am I?

I don't know -- have you gotten into any accidents with them that were your fault? If not, then you're neither.
ENZO
No accidents at all - EXCEPT I did hit deer with the same Civic on 2 different occasions in the last 2 years - does that count?
That can do you some damage at about 50+ mph.
They are everywhere out here.
Silly city folk move out here and then feed them like they were pets; SO they have become a true traffic hazard.
Don't want to get on the soapbox - but they ought to have year round open season on "BAMBI".
No their NOT CUTE when they hit cars, or is it when cars hit them?.
Whew - now I feel better.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Spirit said:
ENZO
No accidents at all - EXCEPT I did hit deer with the same Civic on 2 different occasions in the last 2 years - does that count?
That can do you some damage at about 50+ mph.
They are everywhere out here.
Silly city folk move out here and then feed them like they were pets; SO they have become a true traffic hazard.
Don't want to get on the soapbox - but they ought to have year round open season on "BAMBI".
No their NOT CUTE when they hit cars, or is it when cars hit them?.
Whew - now I feel better.

Can you send me some deer jerky...?? :cheers

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
Can you send me some deer jerky...?? :cheers
Bony,

Been enjoying your videos. Keep ‘em coming.:lol

Sorry, but we’re not allowed to export Road Kill Delicacies to the Colonies out west.:frown I think it’s a governmental thing.:thumbsdow

I wonder if Kinky Freeman will be able to correct that situation?:eek
Anyway, we love ya, down here in the Lone Star State.