Delivery miles Heritage at mecum auction

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Glad I passed on new $164,999 Gallardo and $169,999 base F340 in 2006

Yeah. I think I'll post on F-Chat that when the 430 hits 65k I'm going to buy one and give it away as a door prize at my office Christmas party.

How long until Dave's annual 1-finger salute to F-Chat? I think it is much too early in the year for me to be excited about it.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Yeah. I think I'll post on F-Chat that when the 430 hits 65k I'm going to buy one and give it away as a door prize at my office Christmas party.

How long until Dave's annual 1-finger salute to F-Chat? I think it is much too early in the year for me to be excited about it.

Correction $165,008 on base, no option F430 and $175,000 on Gallardo

TiggsGT

GT Owner
Dec 22, 2012
Bay Area, CA
There's actually 2 GT's up for auction at Mecum. Don't forget about the no stripe 46-mile Tungsten that will be up on Saturday:

http://www.mecum.com/auctions/lot_detail.cfm?LOT_ID=CA0813-161575&entryRow=538

275k-300k estimate, will be curious to see where this one ends up compared to the Heritage. I'd guess the Heritage will be 310 and 260 for the Tungsten.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
It is not just a Ford. Alan Jackson sez "it's just a hand-me-down Ford (without a dent in the door)" yee haw. Good enough for me
And guess who's driving his car now????

JCSB

Ex GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
So the car has been sitting for 7 years untouched, not run, not moved, not touched? I wonder the condition of the fluids? To me this is like leaving a house empty, it doesn't help the condition.
John

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Let's hope adhesive residue of stickers didn't stain paint or glass

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Sorry. I thought everyone knew the auction was next week. That is just my prediction of the sale price, including commission. We should start a pool. The winner can take FBA on a test drive of every car and truck in Ford's lineup.
Long as it's not a F@cking Lexus!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
So the car has been sitting for 7 years untouched, not run, not moved, not touched? I wonder the condition of the fluids? To me this is like leaving a house empty, it doesn't help the condition.
John
My Yellow GT is a 21-mile untouched/ never-driven car, but she gets a full fluid change every two years...and a tank full of gas with Stabil every year. Some of those fluids are corrosive over time...

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
My Yellow GT is a 21-mile untouched/ never-driven car, but she gets a full fluid change every two years...and a tank full of gas with Stabil every year. Some of those fluids are corrosive over time...

How do you replace the gas? Thanks

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Long as it's not a F@cking Lexus!!

Actually, since you are a Quebecer you should be made to drive around in this for a year. Note how I selected for you the ne plus ultra 2 door in the extremely rare screaming yellow. Also, I must insist that all of your posts from this point forward be in both English and French. lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 273

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Actually, since you are a Quebecer you should be made to drive around in this for a year. Note how I selected for you the ne plus ultra 2 door in the extremely rare screaming yellow. Also, I must insist that all of your posts from this point forward be in both English and French. lol
Barely speak it, don't write it...can you teach me? I might need it once I move down to FL. :)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
You need to learn Spanish if you're moving here.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
Mi GT sólo habla Inglés.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
John

I'm with you. My Dad's car has like 8xx miles and I've been telling him it really needs to move more often. I just don't think the cars like to sit. In the long run, I also find it unlikely that a car with something south of 5,000 miles will be considered anything but "low mile." I don't think anyone in 2030 will say "wow that car has been run into the ground!" if a GT shows up with 4k miles.

:lol at 430 door prize.

I'm gonna have to make it a twice a year thing at this rate. Outside of the Mayor, the tune at FChat has changed pretty quick. Went from "Oh yeah, that Ford sucks, it's a turd that does nothing notable, maybe I'll buy one when it's worth $15k in five years" to "Oh, yes yes, I knew it all along as a serious connoisseur of fine automobiles, that the GT would be a desirable addition to any enthusiast collection."

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
A person must be extremely dedicated and disciplined to maintain a static car properly. It isn't easy to do and I respect those who keep these garage queens in proper shape, but I couldn't do it. That is why I never bought an original Cobra. The temptation to take that perfectly restored slabside out to drag race and do burnouts and donuts would be too great. I admit it. I am weak. I would be that idiot on YouTube that everyone would ridicule for wadding up an original Cobra.

As for the 6 mile Heritage, it still has youth on its side but, like all of us, a lack of proper exercise will soon being to take its toll.

Dave, I'm sure your dad runs an errand every week/month close to home. He should make a habit of taking the Heritage on these runs. As an alternative, I have a check here for $250,000 with your dad's name on it.

The check isn't any good, but it has your dad's name on it.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
I'd still buy that Heritage at Mecum in a heartbeat, but not at 300+ k + buyers premiums of another 10%...not saying it's not worth it, but I already have a no mileage GT and it's enough to have to deal with that, albeit this is the better way to go for investment. It would make me quite nervous having two of these unmolested cars in my garage...

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I'm thankful that there are people that can resist, I most certainly could not. If I ever get that kind of disposable dough I'd get one of those and drive it like I stole it, and thank the gent who kept it virgin just for me.

[video=youtube;6Wf-mRo7C2I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Wf-mRo7C2I[/video]

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
I agree with comments here. Purely frome a value perspective......mileage on a cobra or the like is really of no consequence. Who cares about it...no one. All the hoopla about GT's on mso, etc will soon fade away. It's a novelty now. The GT is such a one of a kind American phenomenon..............drive and enjoy. When was the last time you saw a Duesenberg with 5 miles. If you did, it would be worth the same as one with 500,000 miles.....

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well $400K for a car that hasn't been driven in 7 years.......... may have some issues :)

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
If you go back and read 2006 posts where we note black edge stripes around GULF graphics are prone to cracking, and this will effect value long term

We see that this thread in 2020 will be hilarious