Dead Battery, stuck window

khalid0

GT Owner
Apr 14, 2016
Dubai
My battery completely died, tried to open the door with manual latch in the trunk, the door popped but the window still up and stuck won’t allow to open the door, Any thoughts? Thanks

ch_petrolhead

Aug 20, 2016
Swiss Mountains
Maybe take a look at this ;)

khalid0

GT Owner
Apr 14, 2016
Dubai
Maybe take a look at this ;)
Thank you for the video, actually the ford workshop boys came and did the exact same thing, so the question is did ford forget about the window dropping when battery is down?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Warned several times during delivery about keeping battery charged. Since mine is a 19 I use trunk charging port and always check the connection of the plug in. If not pushed firmly in port it will nor charge properly but will be indicated on charger lights.

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Bernardo Martinez gave me an excellent tip during delivery of L0054. He told me that, when parking my GT in my garage, it is not a bad idea to leave the driver's side window cracked open a fraction of an inch... just in case the battery should ever go dead.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Bernardo Martinez gave me an excellent tip during delivery of L0054. He told me that, when parking my GT in my garage, it is not a bad idea to leave the driver's side window cracked open a fraction of an inch... just in case the battery should ever go dead.

Bernardo gave me the same advice during delivery of J105. Great guy! Full of information. He also mentioned how this was determined........At any rate: when parking new GTs for extended timeline its best to leave one of windows cracked for mechanical access should battery die. There is a process for accessing dead battery but will leave that for Italianjoe to splain.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I had this same issue. I thought it was charging but it was not fully seated.

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
Warned several times during delivery about keeping battery charged. Since mine is a 19 I use trunk charging port and always check the connection of the plug in. If not pushed firmly in port it will nor charge properly but will be indicated on charger lights.
Do you know if the trunk charging port is a direct circuit to the battery?

Iconic GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 30, 2017
New Braunfels, Texas
Follow this thread!

Hope it helps!!!

Bakaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 8, 2017
Take the right front wheel off and the inner guard
the battery is located under the right hand head light it then give it some power you'll need to be careful there is very little room

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I plan to leave my window down 1.0 inch.
BUT HOW ABOUT a charging port that is fully accessible from outside the vehicle without having to open ANYTHING. ??
Near front row hook or somewhere?
Andy (ajb)

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Tow hook

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
@soroush did exactly that. He has a magnetic power connection that he installed in the inner fender. Added bonus, it will also break loose, when you pull out of the garage, and forget to disconnect.

I plan to leave my window down 1.0 inch.
BUT HOW ABOUT a charging port that is fully accessible from outside the vehicle without having to open ANYTHING. ??
Near front row hook or somewhere?
Andy (ajb)