De Tomaso Pantera GT5 S

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Tell her it is like a good steak. And after your done with it well.... When RON gets done with it ....It's worth a lot like Ron's steaks.

:)

I think us car guys need to get over the idea that cars are investments .They really are not.Because as the smart people we think we are ,we really know better.I believe that we are just trying to justify are love for cars to ourselves and the wife.
I recently tried the investment approach regarding my ordering of my BOSS 302 LAGUNA SECA .Nope didn’t work at all.In fact she chuckled!
My point is .Lets just admit we have car issues and that we are all OK with that!
I think my wife is,finally!
my02

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
Hall Pantera has an intake for Cleveland with Webers/http://hallpantera.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-product-category.cgi?d=hallpantera-inc&pc=7455

got a reply on my mail from Hall Pantera... they just sell manifolds.... so "no go"... that's the easy part of life :biggrin.... with all due respect !

Belgiumbarry

Sep 3, 2009
still shutboard removed.... waiting for a rebuild alternator.... have some patience, takes a few sec's..... :ack

www.vette.be/pantera.mpg

Tomcat

GT Owner
got a reply on my mail from Hall Pantera... they just sell manifolds.... so "no go"... that's the easy part of life :biggrin.... with all due respect !

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4250045562/m/5831001556
8 Stack Weber intake setup. Here is what I know:

- Hall Pantera 8 stack 4V intake manifold (circa. 1980's)
- Weber IDA 48 Carburetors. Stamped 2J IDA48 4R with blank 'Made in' plates indicating they were made in Italy in 1982.
- The car went to Hall Pantera in 1984 for a complete GTS conversion.
- The original (#'s matching) engine with this intake was removed from the car in 2010 and stored in a crate since.

Asking $3000.00
Text 1-403-971-9195

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Pantera with Webers

BelgiumBarry -

Do yourself a favor while you have that interior opened up - go to Home Depot (or your favorite hardware store) and buy a sheet of 3/4" thick foam sheet insulation. Cut it to fit the area behind the trim panel behind each seat. Use duct tape (aka "Racer's tape"; "200mph tape") to hold it in place. You'll be amazed how much noise and heat it cuts down.

You might also want to take this opportunity to crank the engine over to TDC on the compression stroke, and paint timing marks on your flywheel to match the ones on your crank damper. I filed a notch in the center of the inspection window of the bellhousing, and with timing marks painted on the flywheel, timing the engine is a much easier task.

Hall used to sell a hot water shut-off valve to put in the water lines under the car - it'll help keep a lot of heat out of the console.

Adding a decorative DeTomaso mylar film strip to the top of my windshield seemed to help cut down interior heat.

nose 2.jpg

And for all your Weber needs, Jim Inglese is the MAN: http://www.jiminglese.com/
He can build you a system tailored specifically to your car.

Trips 3.jpg
Pantera with factory experimental Tri-Power

Webs 3.jpg
Pantera with Webers

BTW, you do realize that when you put Webers on the Pantera, you have to cut a fairly significant notch in the rear deck to clear them, right?

regards,

Jeff

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Never could get my SPF Cobra to run right with the Webers.
Ended up going back to the 4BL.
Best,
Mark

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Best,
Mark

Tuning Webers is an art!, and you have to have all the various service parts [jets(acclerator pump, air corrector, main), choke tubes, emulsion tubes, needle valves, etc.] and even the lengths of the velocity stacks will change performance.

View attachment 38114

& then they are very altitude sensitive.

View attachment 38115 View attachment 38116

Last edited:

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
You guys do realize this thread is from 2011?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

Many have experienced the same thing and 'solved it the same way. I would venture a guess that most Weber owners have ended up doing so. Certainly all of them whom I've known have. 'Far less frustrating.

Webers sure do look good though... :bow

You guys do realize this thread is from 2011?

Therefore...?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Exactly, hence the RIP.....

Assets sold to Chinese last week for $1.1M.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Its only a flesh wound.....

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
A flesh wound on a corpse.