Day One

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Black no stripe - you are a man of impeccable taste too!

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Thanks everyone, glad I got the car over lunch as we had major rain here last night. Even with the rain I found myself out in the garage quite a bit last night looking her over. Still can’t believe it’s mine. And to answer some questions, fjpikul the ugly guy in the middle is, “the most eligible bachelor” and Jeff and Ralphie about heading west how do you think I am getting to Rally 8, by trailer (NO WAY).

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
...and Jeff and Ralphie about heading west how do you think I am getting to Rally 8, by trailer (NO WAY).

Hey Jeff - maybe we should drive east to Wyoming or Nebraska or somewhere, and meet Mark, then turnaround and drive back with him to the Rally? Perhaps stop for a day at Miller Motorsports Park for some practice?

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cool car Mark! Can't wait to see it blitzing up the California coast & Sierra Mountains!

Ed

Neil Ressler

Ford GT Team Alumni
Nov 24, 2009
Mark,
I agree with the guy who said that we all should have been given a GT, but, alas, that didn't happen. Nice to see that you have one. You played a big role in how the car came out.
Neil

maxemus

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 25, 2007
Miami, Florida
Congrats mark. Love the all black

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Hey Jeff - maybe we should drive east to Wyoming or Nebraska or somewhere, and meet Mark, then turnaround and drive back with him to the Rally? Perhaps stop for a day at Miller Motorsports Park for some practice?

Great thought Ralphie. Maybe meet in N. Idaho or NW. Montana. Collect up Potatohead Chris and SteveA. for a run down 395 to Shasta, then over to the coast to the Rally.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Floridaho Chris and I are leaving early Monday am and will probably overnight somewhere in N Ca. Would love to hook up! Our route will be Sandpoint South 95 to 90 West. 90 West to the 395. Down 395 to the 84. 84 West along the Columbia rvr gorge to 97. Then 97 South through Bend to the 5 at Weed/Mt Shasta. The 5 South to the 505.

Last edited:

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
Mark
Congrats on the new Gt. Enjoy it and have a lot of fun with it. Is that a Beech 18 in your avatar.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
... found myself out in the garage quite a bit last night looking her over. Still can’t believe it’s mine...
I've had mine for over 6 years and I still do the same thing. Congrats on taking your GT home.

Best Regards,

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mark,
I agree with the guy who said that we all should have been given a GT, but, alas, that didn't happen. Nice to see that you have one. You played a big role in how the car came out.
Neil
Neil ,
That was a very nice comment ! You are a class act!

Mark McGowan

Ford GT Team Alumni
Jul 31, 2006
Neil good to hear from you, and thanks for comments. Without you on the program we would all gone off in 10 different directions (remember the V10 NA/double lay shaft transaxle discussions). Your directions was key to getting the car right and delivered on time in spite the crazy timing plan we were working to. BTW have you been to The Bay House in Naples lately? If you are still in Ann Arbor should meet for lunch someday.

Jeff and Ralphie if you want to meet mid country I welcome the guidance of the high mileage kings.

And Fly GT40, yes that is a polished Beech 18 on floats which is becoming a rare site these day. A long story goes with that, but will save for another day.

Up to 46 posts damn getting down right gabby.

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
Congrats Mark! Have fun trying to catch up to Jeff and Ralphie. :biggrin BTW, is our "most eligible bachelor" going to be in AZ the weekend of the 18th? I hear there's a Boss 302 at the proving grounds that might like to ride with the GTs on the Getaway cruise. hint hint :wink

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Mark - a good looking bachelor with a FGT in California will be beating the ladies off with a torque wrench! You will have fun with us! Think limo ride again!

Ed

racelance

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 26, 2006
Carlisle, PA
Congrats, she's a beauty!

Life is good,

Lance

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mark - a good looking bachelor with a FGT in California will be beating the ladies off with a torque wrench! You will have fun with us! Think limo ride again!

Ed
Ed
He is already beating off!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Good one Ron. Is Special Ed your straight man?

Last edited:

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Good one Romn. Is Special Ed your straight man?
Is it that obvious???

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Living close to San Francisco it is nice being known as straight.

Ed

GTHunter

GT Owner
Feb 14, 2012
Houston, TX
Congrats! You deserve it! Have fun and be safe -Hunter