Custom boost/vacuum gauge

Aug 25, 2006
Interested in a true manifold boost/vacuum gauge, not the computer's approximate guess at it

Darn I missed this thought all together.

Certainly the issue for me has been installing a non OEM faced gauge so on this issue I would agree this to be another viable option; this would likely be the most accurate and require the least amount of hardware however I must reiterate that it must appear as OEM in fit and appearence.

I remain game for 3 of two options

1. The means to tweak the OEM signal so as to maintain the OEM gauge showing actual vacuum and then boost up to 15 PSI. The vacuum data to moniter the health of the gal and the boost data simply to give a feel for the pumps operation

2. An OEM fit and faced mechanical gauge; this would be a very simple single hard line hook up

3. The option as mention at the onset of this thread

Takes care

Shadowman

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Cudo's for putting it together. I just have the 2.7" pulley change and I kinda like to watch boost needle get buried.

Your way "badder" than me. I'm to busy watching out that I don't ram anyone or anything and keeping the damn thing pointed where I want it to go to be looking at the gauge!:lol

By the way put me down for one as well.:thumbsup

trackmeister

GT Owner
Jan 19, 2007
I would prefer if it only went to 20psi since 30psi is useless unless the car has a Whipple and other serious mods, which I think excludes 99% of GT owners. If the gauges looks OEM I am interested.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
What about a using the stock gauge with a scaler that will show vacuum as is, but display boost scaled to fit the 0 to 15 psi range. e.g if you want to scale 0-20 psi into 0-15 then a 7.5 psi indicated boost would really be 10 psi. This way you have the stock look, but a gauge that will not peg.

If I ever mod my GT so the boost goes over 15 psi or use a Mafia device this would be handy. Anyone ever hook an oscilloscope up to the PWM signal to the gauge to figure it out?

How easy is it to remove and install the gauge. What is the list price for a replacement boost gauge?

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Yes,ill take two.

That would be great if someoone did

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Hello,
Any update on this project?
I am still in.
thanks!

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
bony, I'm waiting on one supplier to finish the first run. As soon as I have the parts in hand I'll make a post. I'll send PM's to the people on the first run as soon as they are ready. Sorry for the delay.
Michael

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
bony, I'm waiting on one supplier to finish the first run. As soon as I have the parts in hand I'll make a post. I'll send PM's to the people on the first run as soon as they are ready. Sorry for the delay.
Michael

Thank you for the very fast reply....:thumbsup :biggrin :thumbsup

Kirby Vieira

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Atlanta
Michael - I'm also very interested in one.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
How much $ / min. orders would you need for a combination (2 needle) Oil Pressure, Oil temp gauge.

I see Oil Temp on a lot of vintage GT cars (esp. Farrari/Lambo) and was wondering why modern cars dont offer it.

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
It's possible to make two different ways. The first is a stacked or side by side setup with the needles acting on their own pivot. The second is a needle in needle setup where both needles are on the same center line and the face has dual markings. Typically an inner and outer ring.

The cost of making such a gauge would not be inexpensive either way. To make it look and fit as the factory would is where the cost comes into play. I'd be happy to discuss this with you and answer any questions.
Michael
BritoSpeed.com

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Thanks.

The needle in needle sounds cool. I'll pm you

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Can you do a dual needle (single pivot) with one scale and needle in the upper half and the other scale annd needle below?

freeflyer

GT Owner/ Forum Sponsor
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 12, 2007
Montana
Anything is possible. It's just time and effort...