Current GT pricing

MotorTribe

Feb 28, 2009
I have been looking for a GT for a few months now. I'm trying to get a grasp on the pricing. I have been watching ebay but nothing is selling on it. There are bids but it never seems to make it to the sale price. I often wonder if the seller is trying to bump it up. I hate trying to use ebay as a market gauge.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I hate trying to use ebay as a market gauge.

Nor should you. 'Too much horse pucky goes on price wise there...

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
I have been looking for a GT for a few months now. I'm trying to get a grasp on the pricing. I have been watching ebay but nothing is selling on it. There are bids but it never seems to make it to the sale price. I often wonder if the seller is trying to bump it up. I hate trying to use ebay as a market gauge.

Try Kelly Blue Book at kbb.com or Auto Trader But nothing seems to be moving right now on any of the sites. Try talking to BJ Motors or Shelby Elite Motors both are supporting members and I belive both have Ford GT's in stock and between them have perhaps sold more GT's than any one else. Good luck finding your new gal.:thumbsup:driving:

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
Call or e-mail if I can be of any assistance with your next purchase.

http://www.bjmotors.biz/exotics.html or 1-800-270-1608

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I can also be of help. Www.eliteautosllc.com , ph 870-931-8004

930man

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 15, 2008
PM me i have one

Tupps11

Feb 26, 2009
Beirut/Lebanon
Ive also been searching. Ive come across several in autotrader, dupont, and even ebay. Ive seen some as low as $135k, and as high as $180K. The majority were listed for around $155k. Im sure if you search properly, you can expect to spend around $140k in these economic times

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, it very much depends on the color and miles. Forget eBay, it's an advertising tool and nothing else. Always gauge by completed wholesale and retail transactions with a bill of sale. You could easily spend 200+ on a delivery mile Heritage or you could spend way less on a white 20,000 mile car with an owner who needs the money.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
DBK is spot on, also a major factor is a no stories car that has never seen a body shop or paint gun. A large percentage of the fleet has been crashed and repaired. Some repairs done by pros like the GTGUYS are better than new, others could be suspect.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
The prices are also based on condition of the car and history, lot's of GT's have a story. Buy with confidence when buying from a Ford GT Forum member or a sponsor. I have the following GT's available:

2006 Tungsten Stripe Delete
2005 Red White 3 Option
2005 Quicksilver Stripe Delete
2006 Black Side Stripe Delete 4 Option
2005 White Blue 4 Option 2K Miles (Incoming)
2005 Blue White Stripe 670 Miles (Incoming)
2005 Solid Red Stripe Delete Twin Turbo
2005 Red Twin Turbo (Consignment) 13K Miles

Nardo GT

Jul 15, 2006
Texas
Paintwork

I agree with Bony. I have flown across the country twice recently to look at cars that were "perfect" to find paintwork. A car does not have to have been wrecked or even appear on a Carfax to have paintwork. Paintwork for ANY reason diminishes the value of a car, especially a high-dollar car. I would rather have a small scratch or dent than a re-painted fender. Physically a car with some cosmetic paintwork is a good car, but it is just worth considerably less. Look up "diminshed value".....especialy important on insurance claims.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Unlike everything else, GT's are appreciating at an alarming rate. The typical GT is now commanding upwards of twice it's original retail price. The only way to buy into this hot market is to offer at least $50K over the asking price if you are lucky enough to be the first one through the door.

In these 'good times', you can refinance your GT several times to buy SUV's, ATV's, RV's, a swimming pool, a big screen TV, two Wave Runners and a Harley.

This is how they did it real estate just a few years back....right!?:thumbsup

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Unlike everything else, GT's are appreciating at an alarming rate. The typical GT is now commanding upwards of twice it's original retail price. The only way to buy into this hot market is to offer at least $50K over the asking price if you are lucky enough to be the first one through the door.

In these 'good times', you can refinance your GT several times to buy SUV's, ATV's, RV's, a swimming pool, a big screen TV, two Wave Runners and a Harley.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

H

HHGT

This is how they did it real estate just a few years back....right!?:thumbsup

:rofl:rofl:rofl

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The prices are also based on condition of the car and history, lot's of GT's have a story. Buy with confidence when buying from a Ford GT Forum member or a sponsor. I have the following GT's available:

2006 Tungsten Stripe Delete
2005 Red White 3 Option
2005 Quicksilver Stripe Delete
2006 Black Side Stripe Delete 4 Option
2005 White Blue 4 Option 2K Miles (Incoming)
2005 Blue White Stripe 670 Miles (Incoming)
2005 Solid Red Stripe Delete Twin Turbo
2005 Red Twin Turbo (Consignment) 13K Miles

Can't agree with this enough. There are an INSANE amount of GT's out there which have been repainted, retouched, or just flat out rebuilt under the radar.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Can't agree with this enough. There are an INSANE amount of GT's out there which have been repainted, retouched, or just flat out rebuilt under the radar.

I wouldn't mind owning another GT that was repainted, if the price was right!

H

HHGT

This dealership in Seattle seems to have sold a fair amount of GTs and have two Twin Turbos in stock.

That Red amongst the blacks sure look nice....:thumbsup:thumbsup

http://www.catsexotics.com/web/1317/vehicle/241439/2006-Ford-GT-Twin Turbo

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This dealership in Seattle seems to have sold a fair amount of GTs and have two Twin Turbos in stock.

Come on now, tell me you can't tell those pictures are the inside of Shelby's place? :wink

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter

If you look closely, you will notice that that car is sitting in Shelby's showroom. Catsexotics is known for promoting other dealers cars at an inflated price. Shelby has $189000 on that red car that Cats has $195000 on.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

I have known Roy Cats for some time. I allow him to post my cars on his site. 90% of his inventory is consignment, etc. It does not bother me that he advertises my cars. Just puts it in front of a few other peoples faces that may not have come across my site otherwise. If you contact him, he will eventually refer you directly to me once he finds out that you are serious.

Anyway, I have sold several heritage cars as of late and they are still near $200k for Very low mileage NO STORIES cars. The price spread right now on Ford GTs is large. There are several cars in the $130's. If you dont mind red or white with some miles, the $130's, $140's is obtainable. If you want a harder to find color such as Black, Blue, or Heritage, get ready to up your budget. We also have several cars available at this time and a few more inbound that are not on our website. Inbound cars include:
1. 2005 White (stripe Delete), BBS wheels, McIntosh Radio, Red Calipers
2. 2006 Heritage, all options car SUPER low miles
3. 2006 Heritage, BBS Wheels, Red Calipers, NO MAC, 4k miles

See our site for other available inventory already in the showroom! www.eliteautosllc.com

Last edited: