COTA Texas Le Mans

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Lousy race, but a fun day. The cowgirls took pity on several of us!

Attachments

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Great pictures guys. The race was hard to watch though. So down on power it was ridiculous.

Vince H

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Sixth and seventh, out of a starting field of 8 in LMGTE PRO.
Gentlemen,

Apparently the BOP wasn't quite right as the GT's didn't finish dead last. A further reduction for Ford to about 275 HP should insure they don't beat anybody while still providing enough power to drive up the ramp into the trailer. Perhaps this fiasco of ever changing adjustments to weight and power is the best way to run sports car racing and a standard unchanging uniform set of rules for everyone isn't but I'm not buying it.

Chip

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frank I see you got to meet Jessica....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, unfortunately she was committed for the day.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yes, unfortunately she was committed for the day.
Didn't you ever learn...... Never wear cargo shorts with pretty ladies or at a Men's club.....

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Didn't you ever learn...... Never wear cargo shorts with pretty ladies or at a Men's club.....
Have you seen his mankini?

Ed

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
As usual we have a loyal diehard contingent of GT Forum members at COTA

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Hey, is that guy in the bottom picture Stormcat's brother? :lol Kinda looks like him.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
So some good news for you Le Mans fans. Carol with the U.K. Ford team said that Ford will definitely have a hospitality suite again next year (2018) and she said I could quote her.

Proof I met her.

Last edited:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
He he, exactly my thoughts :biggrin

TACHY

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Fort Myers, Florida
Frank, stop drooling on your shirt!

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dr. Frank could care less about the Race and I don't blame him. A lot more fun to hug the Preties and stay indoors and forget the race. Ford is totally Noncompetitive!

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Awww how nice for Dr Frank, girls stopped by the old folks home.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
This was a disappointing set up today. Tha grid walk was on the track, not pit row and you had to walk in AND out by the media center. It was a very long walk around back to the grandstand. There were no booths or displays at the plaza, AND they had kid soccer games going on up at the grassy areas around the plaza. Minimal food booths. Despite working on it for many months already, the go cart track is still not in place and the front is still torn up. The crowd was nowhere near what it was for IMSA last May. On the good side, we did meet JByrnes from CO. Disappointing race as well.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Fun to see the gang, otherwise a waste of time. Lose BOP or try to race in another class.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I hate to be the one to ask, but I was unable to find the race on TV.. (I don't watch ESPN anymore) and could not find on Fox Sports..
So, HOW DID THE FORD GT"S DO ???
andy (ajb)

DBK

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This was a disappointing set up today. Tha grid walk was on the track, not pit row and you had to walk in AND out by the media center. It was a very long walk around back to the grandstand. There were no booths or displays at the plaza, AND they had kid soccer games going on up at the grassy areas around the plaza. Minimal food booths. Despite working on it for many months already, the go cart track is still not in place and the front is still torn up. The crowd was nowhere near what it was for IMSA last May. On the good side, we did meet JByrnes from CO. Disappointing race as well.
COTA is a disaster.