corosion central tunnel and spark covers

Aug 25, 2006
Shadowman; how do you deal with the AC controls markings when you repaint a console?

Merry Christmas

Depending on how large an area is painted we have a way to preserve the OEM paint within the areas and in worst case they are repainted.

All the best

Shadowman

kosupply

GT Owner/Board of Directors
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
coil covers

My coil covers tarnished or corroded exactly like that...bought a new set from Torrie....did have the originals chromed....do you think they would look better with the letters painted blue or black ?

Attachments

• gtcoil002.JPG
    gtcoil002.JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 118

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
here is a better pic

disregard the boot!

Attachments

• gtcoil003.JPG
    gtcoil003.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 118
Last edited:

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I would vote black but that would depend of the rest of the theme you have going on back there.

kosupply

Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 27, 2006
Houston
I would vote black but that would depend of the rest of the theme you have going on back there.

All I have done is pully and tune and heffner exhaust...I dont have any other chrome pieces...

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Gotcha, I like black but I am biased. :lol

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Project 321 Coil Covers

These are a nice OEM replacement option.

Attachments

• IMG_0189.JPG
    IMG_0189.JPG
    59.2 KB · Views: 95

64c2vette

Future GT Owner
Dec 20, 2009
CA
The paint blistering sure looks like typical outgassing that you can get from Magenesium castings coming up under the paint. If you could bake the tunnel out prior to paint (ideally in a vacuum bake chamber) you would likely avoid the problem. On the other hand I don't mean to second guess Ford Engineers that would explore the obvious rather than continue to pay for warranty work, also the fact this would be fairly standard manufacturing practice anyway.