Congrats Hofman....

FFCobra

GT Owner
Jul 2, 2006
GA
This was just posted on PRWEB: http://www.prweb.com/releases/2010/05/prweb3962594.htm

Apparently Johnny Bohmer still thinks HE set the record in March. I'm so confused. Wasn't the latest event in April?

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I think the FGT community needs to vent and make sure anyone who ever does a search for Johnny Bohmer, Performance Power Racing, PPR, etc. finds these posts easier and knows who they are dealing with.

Bill

Last edited:

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
He is just trying to get some "free" PR. The press release is completely accurate if you don't consider when it was released. Just like his car is faster than Ray's if you don't consider when it crossed the finish line. In car racing timing counts. In BS PR, it doesn't! :thumbsdow

H

HHGT

A gun would have looked nice with those camouflage shorts.

Outkastscc

Oct 17, 2007
Unfortunately the innerwebs are not held to the same standard of professionalism and good sportmanship as the real world. With no official sanctioning body to certify 1 mile mph records with redundant calibrated timing equipment this is what we'll have to deal with.

And the real world doesn't revolve around how many tweets are about you.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
He is just trying to get some "free" PR. The press release is completely accurate if you don't consider when it was released. Just like his car is faster than Ray's if you don't consider when it crossed the finish line. In car racing timing counts. In BS PR, it doesn't! :thumbsdow

I totally agree - if the Press Release was dated March 16, 2010. Amazing that PRWeb didn't research their article for any records set between March 14 and May 5.

While I have never been a fan of judged events, i.e. figure skating, snowboard halfpipes & freestyles, etc., Ray's car is undoubtedly a much nicer vehicle to look at.

In my area of accurately timing closed course events, Ray is unquestionably the current champion. Just remember, records are meant to be broken, and whether by Ray, Chip, Soroush, Fubar, or even PPR, etc., this record will eventually be eclipsed. I will always applaud those that establish new records for their achievement, but not necessarily their personalities. Oops - Forgot Mullet

("and that's all I have to say about that" - Forrest Gump)

Last edited:

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
Oops - Forgot Mullet

:bored

:wink

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime