Congrats FORD

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
To be fair Ferrari deserved their place - an independent team (Risi) - the only ones to really challenge Ford. Right result in my opinion.

It was great to be there and share it with some of you guys too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree, it would have been a bit sour for the Risi Team Ferrari to be denied their place due to a regulation that has been imposed in a very inconsistent fashion over the last few seasons. Ford can hold their head high in achieving such a great result in such a clean manner, especially after the BOP changes made to the GT.
My first year since 2003 not being there for the 24 !! :-(

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I agree, it would have been a bit sour for the Risi Team Ferrari to be denied their place due to a regulation that has been imposed in a very inconsistent fashion over the last few seasons. Ford can hold their head high in achieving such a great result in such a clean manner, especially after the BOP changes made to the GT.
My first year since 2003 not being there for the 24 !! :-(

And we did our stop & go penalty.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I was in the grandstands at Dunlop bridge with my family, Mal from the forum and his crew. The atmosphere was electric. The shocking Toyota P1 failure at the finish and the GT taking first and third was quite an experience. I saw Ford paraphernalia everywhere in the massive crowd (263,000 announced I believe). Congratulations Ford! Thanks for the great show.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
Sour grapes!!

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA

Now at least I know why I was watching golf this morning!

Didn't have access to FS2, so missed all the excitement.

Congrats to Ford and all of the people who made this possible. What a marvelous achievement in such a short period of time, and what a fitting tribute to a great moment in the Company's history.

I am sure that the '66 win was an important event in the early adulthood of many of us die-hard Ford fans, and that this new achievement will be equally memorable to us in our aging status. Congrats to all of you that were able to be there and savor the victory in person.

All of this post-race bullshit does not make sense to me, and should in no way detract from the celebration of this magnificent victory.

fordgtkwt

GT Owner
Mar 7, 2010
Japan
congrats to us AND to ford AND TO THE USA for building such a great machine out of metal or shall i say sheets of carbon

all the way from KUWAIT ur gt brother FORDGTKWT (NASSER)

atspeed

LAST BLU
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 13, 2007
Berkeley, CA
An absolutely amazing achievement! Congratulations to everyone at Ford and Chip Ganassi racing and, of course, the drivers who made this happen! There are few parallels in motor racing to what has been accomplished with this win today. Truly astonishing.

Last edited:

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
I am extremely proud to be a Ford employee and GT owner today. I stayed up into the early hours this AM to watch this historic finish. Congratulations to the Ford family, Ford Motor Company, and all the individuals involved with the Ford Performance Team that raced to victory today. Well done!!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
What a nice piece of info on Fathers Day.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
So tired! But so worth it. I caught it wherever and however I could. But did not watch the full 24 hours straight.

I can only imagine how tired all of you that were there in person to witness the historic achievement!

So worth it! Congrats all!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
All of this post-race bullshit does not make sense to me, and should in no way detract from the celebration of this magnificent victory.

It's par for the course at Le Mans. Le Mans has never been without post-race nonsense from the stewards.

steveirl

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2010
Ireland
Only catching up on this now, maybe I should rethink my previously held opinion, Ferrari teams learning the post race dance from their F1 comrades!!
Will not take away from the achievement of Ford though. Le Mans is notorious for this kind of post race rubbish.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Unbelievable, yet truly believable win, given all the hard work and dedication that the entire team invested to make this happen. The met their goal and exceeded expectations. Congratulations!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Congratulation to team Ford for an amazing achievement!

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Truly a magnificent chapter to add to the storied legend of the Ford GT.

Congrats to Ford and the entire team. Truly a great victory and in the car's first year no less.

Mar 15, 2006
Congrats to all Ford fans and to everyone on the Ford Performance team who helped make this a reality! I was in CA and was watching the race on YouTube on my phone. Woke up early Sunday morning and there was about an hour left in the race and we were a couple minutes behind the Ferrari. I drove to the Rodeo Drive Concours and checked my phone and saw that the GT had won and I was just amazed and so happy for the guys who've worked so hard to help make this happen. Way to go Raj and team!!!! History repeats itself and this is a cinderella story and one for the history books!

Greg-TT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Amazing race it was!!! A huge congrats to team Ford!!!
Did my part representing GT nation at Shift-S3ctor Colorado Airstrip Attack doing 200+mph runs to celebrate our victory. Go Ford!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3609.jpg
    IMG_3609.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3564.jpg
    IMG_3564.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 178

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
A big thank you to all who made me spend an unforgettable weekend at the 24 Hours of Le Mans.

- The Ford family, incredibly warm and friendly.
- The Leaders like Raj Nair, and the technicians completely accessible despite the hard work to do.
- The engineers and the drivers who gave us this fantastic Ford «*come back*» and the 1, 3, 4 places on the arrival.
- The incredibly generous VIP facilities, perfectly equipped, spacious and refined.
- Those responsible for the foods, especially Michel Rostang, who, despite the number of people to enjoy, have delighted our taste buds.
- The local organization and especially Ford France, which have always been present to give us an easy and comfortable life.

I am even more proud to be part of the Ford customers.

Francis (Saint Ho).