clear bra

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I did Xpel on the whole car also under and inside the entire car were there is Carbon fiber. Then Ceramic coated the Wheels, Calipers and Wheel Wells
Did the same !

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I use, my patient & friend, Mike Justis of Appearance Solutions in Sacramento. He's done my '05 GT, Raptor, Porsche, NGT, etc. He is a perfectionist & very dedicated to his customers. If you come to his shop let me know as I live a few miles away. Let him know I sent you :)

www.appearancesolutions.net

Ed

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
Xpel just announced new patterns for complete underside of NGT
Along with interior patterns!410601E0-AB50-473B-A4BC-64D6959B2679.png02D48786-A751-4313-9AB7-EDB45F129443.jpeg

idigit

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 5, 2019
Iowa
Does anyone have a recommendation for Clear Bra installation in the Midwest?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
St Louis - Clear Auto Bra. You can Google. They have done all the GTs in St Louis area.

Reactions: Roadtrip and idigit

Durward1

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2011
South Dakota
Has anyone used the Cilajet ceramic product on their Ford GT?

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Do you guys have the installer do a full " detail- paint correction" before applying the film? I guess it depends on the quality of the factory paint job. How would you describe that?

There is a Road&Track link to a detailing - film installation on a McLaren 520 Long Tail that is quite comprehensive and interesting. The car is just absolutely amazing. Production quantity 106.

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
I'm looking for someone who can clear bra my NGT in the North Central Florida Area(Ocala)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'm looking for someone who can clear bra my NGT in the North Central Florida Area(Ocala)

Hey, I'm just up the road from you in Gainesville. You're the closest other GT I'm aware of 🍻

Unfortunately I can't answer your question. But I'll be interested to read other replies and hear what you find out.

Maybe Jacksonville member jaxgt (Mitchell), Spring Hill member 68Rcodeman (David), or others will know of somebody.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Do you guys have the installer do a full " detail- paint correction" before applying the film? I guess it depends on the quality of the factory paint job. How would you describe that?......

My clear film installer, Mike of Appearance Solutions, always paint corrects before applying film. Except for the NGT. He says it is the best paint he's seen on any car. Multimatic told me the average amount of time they spend on paint for the NGT is 600 hours.

Ed

Reactions: GTMD

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
I had Gilbert at Cool Conceptz in Jax, FL put Xpel on the front area and rockers of my 2006 when I got it in the spring. I didn't bother to paint correct or fix road rash first, I just wanted to prevent it from getting worse. He has done NFGT's also, and a bunch of 911 GT3 RS for friends.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Be sure and find someone with experience and not a guy working out of his garage! Past experience years ago on my 2006. Prepping and detailing first then a totally Clean Room!

68Rcodeman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2008
Spring Hill, FL.
Hey, I'm just up the road from you in Gainesville. You're the closest other GT I'm aware of 🍻

Unfortunately I can't answer your question. But I'll be interested to read other replies and hear what you find out.

Maybe Jacksonville member jaxgt (Mitchell), Spring Hill member 68Rcodeman (David), or others will know of somebody.
I used Brandon Hughes in Miami. Highly recommended as he has done many. Door panels removed including the side mirrors with no seem around the mirror. MAXIMUS turned me on to him. PM me for contact info if interested.

Reactions: 1418