Clear Bra

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Shelby any Idea if Venture has a dealer installer in Michigan?

Kelley Neeley
5719 Whitfield Drive
Troy, Michigan
248 312 0968
graphixwerk@wowway.com

http://www.graphixwerk.com/

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Anyway know expected general lifespan, i.e. recommended remove/replace interval for the Venture Shield clear bra product?

I was expecting to leave it on there for maybe 4-5 years before replacing. Just wanted to see if that is standard, or if there are also adhesive considerations.

H

HHGT

I had my 3M on the Z06 for 4 years. The guy that put it on, took it off in less than 30 minutes.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yeah, I would be upset if I was expecting to remove this product, or any product in less than 2-3 years.

Seems counter-intuitive that 3M might not be capable of formulating a suitable adhesive for this application.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
Had my windshield done as well...I think it's the way to go, although if you check some other threads, some members have had problems. Worth considering or researching.

YoungCEO

GT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 9, 2008
Whittier,Ca
windshield, interesting. At that point I should just do the whole car. LOL

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
The windshield is a different product by Proline.

H

HTP AutoWorks

3M film can be easily removed... just use a hairdryer and heat it up. It will pull right off. I have been installing ClearMask for 4 years... which by the way is 3M industrial grade film. I have never had one fade, yellow, or peel since I started installing them. It also has no orange peel and is just as durable as the automotive film. VentureShield is a good film, but I only use it for full hood installs due to the available widths.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me.

Thom Pettigrew
HTP AutoWorks

andymlow

GT Owner
May 17, 2007
Sarasota, FL
I have the 3M on white. Some yellowing after one year. I will tell you that not only does it protect against stone chips, but I had a guy in a Ford Expedition back over my front bumper with his tire hitch and spare tire. Ford emblem cracked and the film got ripped in 2 places, but the paint under it is perfect. I'm a believer for life. A front end like that should always have a bra.

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
I was out for a drive on the weekend. Watched a stone fly up from another car and whack my winshield. Penetrated through the clear shield and left a medium pit. Without the shield I know I would have had a spreading star. I'm totally sold.

OzGT

GT Owner
Aug 21, 2006
South of Sydney, AUS
I just 3m'd my car. I have black with silver strips. Not happy with the 3m really shows orange peal on black. I have it in the front the top on the mirrors and the lower panels. I will have to look into the Venture shield. Most people don't even notice....but I do. I believe it is a must even if a little orange peel shows.

I'm annoyed by the the film on mine. It was an unsolicited extra put on by the guy who did my car. Wish it was Venture shield though. Definite orange peel on my black car. It also has very obvious template lines in places, which is another eye sore. I actually had someone say, hey is that a long scratch in the front left side fender? I'd rather just have chemical paint protection and take the risk for the little driving that I do in mine, or have the Venture shield product instead at least.:frown

Last edited:

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Just did my 08 viper today with ClearMask, 3M product but different than the 3M bra as it never yellows or peels. Anyone interested in this in the So Cal area, PM me and I will send you the contact. Put on at your home, owner comes to you to install. Service is superb, product you cannot see, precut templates. An excellent experience. Plus 100% warranty as long as you own the car.

Aug 25, 2006
I too have had the "GREAT" the bad and the fricken ugly

Now as for the different products; I agree that some are better than others however in the end I remain most concerned about how it is applied.

BTW I was told recently that 3M purchased Venture; now whether they did so with the intention of consolidating into a solo line or maintain two separate entities is yet to be seen regardless if this is true I would expect to see 3M branding on more film being used.

Now once clear bra is installed the finish once installed is never as crisp meaning it losing a bit of it clarity as without however if the gal is seeing a lot of road miles it is a great "peace of mind" because it can be used to cover many areas such as the complete fender etc. whereas the cloth bra's typically only protect the nose and mirrors.

Now having said this I have had a couple of the Speed Lingerie cloth bra's as designed for these gals and then are very nice however they need to be removed on a regular basis so that fine grit does not become sandpaper in-between the bra and the paint or surface damage will result.

Tomorrow I have two gals in my facility (both black) being treated to the clear bra and in the case of my gal when I head off to the Rally she will likely have her cloth bra on too so as to cushion the larger objects. Then add to this I did have the windshield film installed last year before heading to the Rally and as with the clear bra on the paint it removes a bit of the crispness meaning clarity of the glass however the peace of mind for me is worth the difference.

Takes care

Shadowman

pauleddy

Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 14, 2007
Newport/Boca Grande
Yep...protect yourself. Speed Lingeree vinal bra over your clear shield, whether it's 3M or Venture, is smart practice if you intend to drive your Gal.
It's a nasty world out there!

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
I have the speed lingeree bra and have noticed two little problems. The high heat radiation at the top of the bra area seems to soften the paint a little and there are two seams that seem to be burrying themselves into the paint. I may slip a little piece of loose felt under them to see if it stops. The other problem is sand catches at the top edge and then works on the paint a little. I think I'm keeping the bra off until I run the car and just put it on then. It does a great job of deflecting the bugs and rocks but may not be good to keep on the car parked in the garage. It is easy to put on and remove.