Clamshell Top and Side Vents

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Hello All.

I am looking for the part numbers for the OEM top and side rear clamshell vents.

Unfortunately I can not find these parts or the part numbers in my shop manual.

And before you ask, yes, I am considering the aftermarket billet versions of these parts but would like to price the OEM versions first. :)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Ok, after a lot of searching I found the part numbers.

5G7Z-63403F22-AAA --> Passenger Side Clamshell Vent
5G7Z-63403F23-AAA --> Driver's Side Clamshell Vent
5G7Z-403F18-AAPTM --> Top vents

They are not cheap... :(

Regards.

Tomcat

GT Owner
They are not cheap... :(

Regards.
GT specific parts are supply/demand...not getting cheaper. The GTGuys 3-D printed defroster dash vents that had become irreplaceable/unobtainable and the amortized cost was not too bad (and the quality was AMAZING). I think that someone might endeavor to do this for the vents (at some point).

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Get the Billet ones and paint the top ones to match the stripes. The OEM ones will just warp/crack again. GT Guy painted mine.

BSim27

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 14, 2020
Pittsburgh, PA
Anyone know the part number of the fasteners for the top vents? Thanks.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Anyone know the part number of the fasteners for the top vents? Thanks.

I believe the top vents have molded in screws and the fastening nuts I believe are M4 size.

EasyEric

GT Owner
Mar 6, 2006
Florida and Georgia USA
Get the Billet ones and paint the top ones to match the stripes. The OEM ones will just warp/crack again. GT Guy painted mine.

Yep. Given the price of the flawed OEM pieces, I will likely just buy the billet parts.

I'll start with side vents as they have warped the worst.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I believe the top vents have molded in screws and the fastening nuts I believe are M4 size.

Plastic bosses are threaded and have small (M4) studs in them. Plastic bosses are very fragile and susceptible to heat... and one or more are broken on virtually EVERY GT that comes through here. Not broken yet? Just a matter of time.

Reactions: GEE-TEE

Art138

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 4, 2011
Weston,FL
I have the OEM side vents if interested. I have no idea what they are worth. PM me if interested.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
I have both factory top and side vents new in the box that I'd sell for 1/2 of today's list price but honestly the billet replacements are the way to go. Powder coat the side vents flat black and they match the factory pieces perfectly. I powder coated my top vents gloss black to match my stripes and they are exact duplicates as well. I went through 2 sets of the plastic vents and the failure rate on those is 100%. Cheers.

Chip

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
I have both factory top and side vents new in the box that I'd sell for 1/2 of today's list price but honestly the billet replacements are the way to go. Powder coat the side vents flat black and they match the factory pieces perfectly. I powder coated my top vents gloss black to match my stripes and they are exact duplicates as well. I went through 2 sets of the plastic vents and the failure rate on those is 100%. Cheers.

Chip
PM sent

dreimer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2018
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL
Mine has the billet replacements painted white for the top (to match stripes) and black for side (to match factory). Previous owner kept the old ones and I have them in a box (and they have the broken plastic piece as others have mentioned). I drive it often, and live in Florida, so don't have to worry about heat warping or degrading plastic.

Reactions: extrap

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
The Billet ones are the balls!

Jake

Apr 8, 2021
Murrieta, CA
The Billet ones are the balls!
Where do you purchase the billet ones?