Clamshell bumpers

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Very nice product. I did not expect such a bargain price.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Very nice product. I did not expect such a bargain price.

I am just trying to cover my costs and prevent this from getting out of hand.

Unfortunately, I still have my day job. :D

Reactions: BM SoCal and extrap

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
OK, I only had a few sets of the Delrin version but I called my machinist last night and he is starting another run today.

I am going through P/Ms now, If you haven't heard from me, ping me here. I will start shipping Monday.

Reactions: extrap

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Thanks for putting this together and offering a bargain price with no GT tax. (y)

Reactions: 2112

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
I'll take a set of Delrin - sending PM

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I already am short on the Delrin version but my machinist friend is already making more. Last run took about 2 weeks so if you prefer that version, hang tight.

The following have sent payment, if you sent payment and don’t see your callout moniker, please P/M me.

Jaxgt
DakotaGT
69b302
GKW05GT
Extrap
Howard
HydraGT
Johntpr
Art138
Texas Mongrel
Jazz76
Gene Cassone
FGT899
Simon

I am requesting friends and family PayPal so we don’t get dinged, or flagged as a “real” business.

I think I should be able to continue to get these over time, but would be surprised if 100 owners wanted them.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks for putting this together and offering a bargain price with no GT tax. (y)

Well, I lucked out with my machinist friend. I have had other machine shops make small volume runs and it wasn’t pretty.

Reactions: Johntpr

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Someone was asking for the part # for the spring assembly from Ford. It’s 6G7Z-6343128-A.

Attachments

• IMG_2697.jpeg
    IMG_2697.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2690.jpeg
    IMG_2690.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 29
  • IMG_2684.jpeg
    IMG_2684.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 31

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Looks righteous, Michael ... Nice job, and thanks (y)

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Thanks Jeff,

For those looking for the spring assembly itself, here’s a decent source;

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Looks nice. PM'd you for a set of each. Is shipping the same for two sets?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Looks nice. PM'd you for a set of each. Is shipping the same for two sets?

Yes, flat shipping cost. Only hiccup is I am waiting for more Delrin units.

Bbhaynes

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 8, 2021
Madison, MS
I’ll take a set of the Delrin units! I’ll send you a PM thanks.

Reactions: 2112

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Great option and great price!

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Couple notes,

I already shipped out the few Delrin pieces I had but should have more in 2 weeks.

When you get your tops, align the relief cut with the spot where the coil springs merge and snap into place.

Last, if you have the aluminum version, you can press the Delrin insert out if you want to polish, anodize or paint the aluminum. Then you can press it back in when done.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
First run is spoken for.

I should have the next run in approximately two weeks. I will update those who are waiting and this thread when I have them in my possession.

Reactions: Bbhaynes

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Rich Brooks and I have developed a perfect fix for this issue. We have a kit that will not break like the OEM ones. They are available from Rich Brooks at his beautiful new shop, and mail order from me. The kits are $30. plus 6 for shipping.

Attachments

• 20230626_113335.jpg
    20230626_113335.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 39

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Rich Brooks and I have developed a perfect fix for this issue. We have a kit that will not break like the OEM ones. They are available from Rich Brooks at his beautiful new shop, and mail order from me. The kits are $30. plus 6 for shipping.

Yeah, I will stick with my corrective option.

BTW, I asked you for months to get your solution out there. No response, so I dealt with it in a way I approach everything. All-in.

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Yeah, I will stick with my corrective option.

BTW, I asked you for months to get your solution out there. No response, so I dealt with it in a way I approach everything. All-in.
Your's look great. We had a supplier issue that held up our initial release.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Please take a look at the power steering hose thread that you marketed here a few months ago. There are a few questions about that product that you have not responded to.