Check out my new hobby - Rock´n´Roll invite

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hello to all my FGT Forum friends

Allow me to share my spare time passion with you. Some of you have already heard about me getting into the live music scene as I´ve opened up a small Rock´n´Roll Live Venue in my hometown of Helsingør (Elsinore) just 40 km North of Copenhagen. We will have a capacity around 300 in the audience when final details with authorities are cleared.

The place has quite an interesting history for someone who is passionate about cars. From 1922 to the late 50´ies it was one of Denmarks first and largest coachbuilders - pretty much as close to a car factory you could come. Mainly commercial vehicles like busses and trucks. Pics from back in the days are on our website. The venue name is therefore naturally "Karosserifabrikken" (Coachbuild Factory).

Karosserifabrikken is something we run in our spare time, but still we´re setting the bar quite high, aiming to be, over time, recognized as the best small scale live venue in the region. Located only a 15 minute ferry ride from Sweden we expect to cover the region of Swedish Helsingborg and Danish Elsinore.

The Covid-19 is a serious showstopper for us as a new venue, so as a “think out of the box” activity, we have created the concept “Lockdown Rock Sessions” – a live streaming concept of real rock concerts. Friday the 24th. we launch the first of 4 concerts to be streamed live on FB through Karosserifabrikkens FB page. Program attached.

Friday the 24th. is the global release date for the new album by Freddy & The Phantoms. This album has received the best reviews I´ve seen in years, getting only 8s, 9s and 10s by music magazines all over the world and already being mentioned as a possible “rock album of the year”.

I´d like to invite you to follow and see these concerts through our FB livestream. https://www.facebook.com/Karosserifabrikken
The concerts will later be uploaded to our Youtube channel Karosserifabrikken.

If you follow my FB page “Karosserifabrikken” you will be notified when the concerts start. All concerts start at Danish time 20.00 (8PM) (GMT+2)

I´ve also included our fall program in case you´d like to come visit us when everything opens up again. I´ll buy the first beer 🤘 🍻🤘 Elsinore would be a great place for you to visit when this Covid-19 Lockdown is over ....

Feel free to share if you have music aficionados among your friends.

Enjoy.
www.karosserifabrikken.dk

Cheers
Anders

Attachments

• SoMe - Lockdown Rock Sessions @Karosserifabrikken.jpg
    SoMe - Lockdown Rock Sessions @Karosserifabrikken.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Program 2020-21 (version3).jpg
    Program 2020-21 (version3).jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Anders your Rock and Roll adventure is just paused. Like the rest of us. So be careful, cover up and wash your hands etc.

Reactions: Copenhagen GT

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Hate to be a downer but I spent most of my adult life before law school playing in bands professionaly in clubs and venues across the Us. Unless Copenhagen is far different run don’t walk away from this. It’s a ridiculously hard biz even without a worldwide pandemic. My friends some of whom played with Frampton, Garth say the one thing they wouldn’t do is this

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
GTdrummer - thanks for the warning :cool: To be clear, this is in no way a good idea from a business perspective - That I already know - but just for shit & giggles to enrich my life with something else than serious business discussions ;)😆😂 I´m just trying to fill this life with as much fun and diversity in activities as I can before it ends. Btw did I tell that I´ve just stepped up in the skate board dept by adding a wind skater to my possession of stupid toys .... yes, an oversize longboard with a wave surfsail rig attached to the front. What could possibly go wrong 😂🤣😂

Reactions: steved57 and Apollo

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
It's very parallel to the car hobby, in most cases, makes zero financial sense. But we all know, it isn't about that now is it.

"wind skater" sounds like an instant trip to the ER with my coordination level. Be safe on that thing.

Reactions: Apollo

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Well, I am looking forward to visiting and taking you up on that first beer 🍺 at some point, I will get the second. 🍺 :cool:
Congratulations Anders!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This is great. Scandinavia produces a lot of great music and one of the great joys of my youth was being in tiny European concert venues destroying my hearing.

Good luck, and even if it's a disaster...it's a success.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
So good Anders. I signed up on FB and can't wait to see some cool live music. Enjoy it man, nothing compares to live gigs.

Vince H

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Congrats. Nothing compares to the live music experience. Sharing those performances is even more important now. Keep up the good work.