Centerpunch, where are you?

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Well guys, I just got my first "solid" Shelby KR quote. :eek:eek I will refrain from saying what it is, as the dealer asked to keep it quiet. For now all I can say is that Center needs to come out of retirement to give us advice on this one! I am still waiting to see if the dealer where I bought my gt gets one. I believe with them I will only have to sell just an arm, and a rib or two.

And, what is truely crazy is that I am actually considering the quoted price.

Manny

H

HHGT

Well guys, I just got my first "solid" Shelby KR quote. :eek:eek I will refrain from saying what it is, as the dealer asked to keep it quiet. For now all I can say is that Center needs to come out of retirement to give us advice on this one! I am still waiting to see if the dealer where I bought my gt gets one. I believe with them I will only have to sell just an arm, and a rib or two.

Manny

For what its worth, I was guaranteed an allocation at $50K above MSRP - I declined.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
For what it is worth try our valued forum buddy Thamon if he can't sell you one maybe he could give you some buyers advice. worth a Pm :thumbsup

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area

Manny

Manny,

You mean a quote above list I assume?

Gino

rsvdhd

Permanent Vacation
Oct 6, 2007
For what its worth, I was guaranteed an allocation at $50K above MSRP - I declined.

That's just stupid. Why would a dealer even begin to do this? You need to feel like you're getting value for the money, no one in their right mind should gouge like this. Ridiculous. It makes Ford look bad.

samthejeepman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 14, 2005
new jersey
i have been driving my dealership crazy trying to get a price from them.
the owner of the dealership wants to ship it directly to an auction, where he feels he will get in the 150k area.
i told him good luck, thats the end of my business with them ????
i am now leaning towards the new saleen 550 red/white in the spring time

sam
#1451-------red/white

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The KR doesn't even need someone to prognosticate on the value. The car isn't some killer exotic, and it's not going to be the last fast Mustang. It's a factory Stang with a couple FRPP parts installed by Shelby out in Vegas that'll be faster than a C6 but slower than a Z06.

The only thing you have to decide is whether or not you just have to be one of the 1000 people that get the car. Looks great, has some cool CF bits, nice hood, better stance, much better grip, etc. Shelby won't be around forever, and this is a car that legitimately has his stamp of approval. If that's worth something to you, then go for it. Otherwise, buy a GT500 and spend a few thousand bucks.

As for pricing, some dealers are going to be in for a rude awakening. If they think the car is going to be $50k and they can tack on 30-40 grand for themselves, they're wrong. MSRP for the car will be higher than you think because Ford has learned it's lesson with the FGT and GT500. Think they regret pricing the GT at 139k only to watch dealerships get 200k? Does that mean dealers won't try and tack on the same amount? Of course not, but I think they'll find quickly they'll be screwing themselves trying not to be the last man standing when they realize buyers for a 120k bolt-on Mustang are few and far between...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
It will be interesting to see in ten years time how many cars Shelby really modded. How big is the market at the msrp?

The greed factor is huge. However, let the free market decide...

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Gino- Yes, way above!
Sam- I feel your pain.

I agree with free market economy, and since I have patience I can wait things out. As Dave said it's just a very nice Mustang. I will definitely enjoy watching the prices as for me that is part of the fun.:pop

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If everybody simply refused to PAY the premiums dealer's demand for special cars these days (regardless of the amount/regardless of the car or manufacturer), very quickly there would BE no premiums. Period. It's really no more complicated than that.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
If everybody simply refused to PAY the premiums dealer's demand for special cars these days (regardless of the amount/regardless of the car or manufacturer), very quickly there would BE no premiums. Period. It's really no more complicated than that. (The free market works in THAT direction, too.)

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Larry,
Don't you believe in free markets?
I suppose when the dealer has a dog and has to sell it below costs, you insist on paying msrp?
Let the market decide...
Cheers,
daniel
capatalist

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I should note my old man is getting one of the first allocations. Getting him into something with 4 wheels instead of 2 is a step in the right direction I look forward to borrowing it for a full tire-smoking report. :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Larry,
Don't you believe in free markets?
I suppose when the dealer has a dog and has to sell it below costs, you insist on paying msrp?
Let the market decide...
Cheers,
daniel
capatalist

Absolutely correct, Bony. Let the mkt decide. But, what I said is correct also: if, in a free mkt, everyone refused to pay premiums on a given car - there'd be none. No?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
yes I guess we are in lock step... come to think of it :)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
yes I guess we are in lock step... come to think of it :)

Thankee, sir! I 'knowed' ya'd see it thataway! :lol

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Gino- Yes, way above!
Sam- I feel your pain.

I agree with free market economy, and since I have patience I can wait things out. As Dave said it's just a very nice Mustang. I will definitely enjoy watching the prices as for me that is part of the fun.:pop

Manny,

You probably know about the Shelby Hertz program by now. 500 fastbacks, and 500 vert's numbered cars. I have a 66Hertz car, and both those cars would compliment my pride and joy. I purchased a 2006 H Fastback at 50K, after I waited and watched the market come down from 75K or better. I was willing to pay the 50K, as I am willing to pay another 50K for the vert. According to Squeaker, a Forum member who works at Manheim in Pa. approx. 50 vert's hit the sales 3 weeks ago. No sale on the whole 50. Sent to the Fla. Auction... same there. So the days of gauging are coming to a slow death. I have put a price on the H vert of 50K, and I wont go 1 dollar more. As far as the KR...with all my contacts at Ford, if I dont get one at list.....well so be it. DBK is spot on in describing this car...just another mustang with some bolt on parts. Probably the King Cobra from Shelby is worth more (and faster)for the 28k addition to the GT500.

Just my opinion.

Gino

P.S. Rumor has it that the KR might get a HP boost due to the Vette coming out....Has anyone heard this?

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I was at the gym and the guy on the next machine said he was waiting for the new camaro to come out and was going to put it away for twenty years.

Barrett Jackson's ratings on Speed Chanel are very solid.

Guys are buying these cars and telling their wives, to be quiet, because they are investments. We see it on this forum.

These cars are toys... enjoy your toys... invest in real estate, stocks and bonds etc.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Danielsito, you are spot on. The market will decide, today and in the future.
I really don't care if it is worth 500k in 50 years. That will be someone elses problem. Besides at that point what is a 91 year old Cuban gonna do with a KR or with 500K?

Now, for an invesment - Theres this land by the Everglades that I will part with - real cheap. Legend has it that its rich with mineral and oil deposits. Any takers?

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Danielsito, you are spot on. The market will decide, today and in the future.
I really don't care if it is worth 500k in 50 years. That will be someone elses problem. Besides at that point what is a 91 year old Cuban gonna do with a KR or with 500K?

Now, for an invesment - Theres this land by the Everglades that I will part with - real cheap. Legend has it that its rich with mineral and oil deposits. Any takers?

Yeh, but you can't get oil drilling rights there, because the environmentalist will scream that it would kill the birds and alligators!