Carroll Shelby Memorial

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Wow MJ, those are fantastic pictures and what an incredible day that was.
Would any of us imagined when we bought our GTs, that this car would provide such an incredible list of life changing friends and experiences????

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
It was great to meet fellow FGT owners again. The turn out was amazing! MJ did a great job documenting the day's activities. I love the action shot of Ed jumping. :lol

8d58fd4ae46aba86b344e07062860ac8.jpg

98706f2d8161f16674ed163c742f47d8.jpg

attachment.php

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
[ I love the action shot of Ed jumping ]

I hope Ginger has liability insurance!

Ed

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
[ I love the action shot of Ed jumping ]

I hope Ginger has liability insurance!

Ed

How is you back feeling after the fall? :lol

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
MJ thanks for posting the photos. Yesterday was a lot of fun. It was great to be part of the tribute to Carroll Shelby, but in addition it was great to get to know some forum members a little better. The overhead views are great.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Did Ice finally buy furniture, or did you all have to sit on the floor? Thanks for this. Special Ed looks like he cleaned up nicely.

K-P Garage

GT Owner
Sep 12, 2005
Longwood, Florida
MJ, thx for the post. Simply great. KO

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I had a great time & our NorCal GT Group will be doing something fun again this summer. All members of this forum are invited always. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks to WhiteGT16 & BlackIce for their hospitality & to Sandman for buying all of us lunch.

Ed

WhiteGT16

GT Owner & White Exotics
Mar 29, 2011
Northern California
Wow MJ, those are fantastic pictures and what an incredible day that was.
Would any of us imagined when we bought our GTs, that this car would provide such an incredible list of life changing friends and experiences????

YES I agree!!!! It turned out to be an outstanding opportunity to drive and see great cars and enjoy getting to know new friends. Thank you for the posts and pics, MJ!! You are amazingly "on the ball" and and full of life and knowledge with your great smile. I hope to see each one of you again soon....each and every person in our merry band of FGT aficianodos contributed greatly in his/her own way to a fabulous day! I was a bit sad when the group had to say "good-bye," and I was sorry GTED and Shadowman and others could not have been with us. We missed you.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=25157&d=1338106402

Ed, I'll have my people call your people.... :) :) :) :)

sandman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 10, 2006
Gardnerville, Nv.
A fun day from start to finish, great cars, great places, great stories and most of all great people.

A special thank you to WhiteGT16 & BlackIce for opening their homes to us.

Glad Piccola was able to tag along, look at that smile:

L1100856.jpg

Piccola

GT aficionado
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 17, 2006
Grand Junction, CO
I am always smiling, especially around GTs and fun, happy people. :wink

One thing I forgot to point out was how much everyone enjoyed having Ed lead the group of GTs from destination to destination. Unlike the boring routes people usually take, which go straight to their destination, the routes Ed chooses usually involve U-turns (something we rarely have the pleasure of doing in the GTs), parking lots, backtracking, and taking a few "scenic" turns. :willy :biggrin (Hey Ed, is that why Dr. Pikul calls you "Special Ed"?)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's one of the reasons I have 38,000 miles on my GT! We always get to where we want to go! Fun times!

Ed

PS Here is the sticker given out to the participants.

Attachments

• Shelby Honor sticker.jpg
    Shelby Honor sticker.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 491

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
No better way to honor the man’s memory than driving the cars he created! Cheers, to you guys.

I enjoyed the amusing picture of the back-lot parking for the McLaren. I wonder where the little girl has to sit?
attachment.php

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
Watch around 2:10 and see if you know the man.

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
How about 1:12? Yours truly!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6qcvd8icog&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

Triheart & I are in this one. I am famous!

Ed

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
What a wonderful tribute to Mr. Shelby that was. And what a nice spectrum of his work. Looks like some of you guys had a great day out! Red sure is a great GT color.

Last edited:

mike becks

GT Owner
Aug 7, 2006
Dania
Very nice tribute , thank you.And thanks for remembering the Vets.