Carbon Fiber Wheels

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Hello all,
A friend of mine mentioned that the Carbon Fiber wheels for the new FGT are no longer being made or available. Mine are in great shape but what if you needed a replacement?
Thoughts?

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Hello all,
A friend of mine mentioned that the Carbon Fiber wheels for the new FGT are no longer being made or available. Mine are in great shape but what if you needed a replacement?
Thoughts?
Find four replacements now while they're......cheap?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Well production is over, no need to make them any longer. Carbon Revolution appears to be alive and well (they also made GT350 and 500 wheels). No clue if Ford has any (inventory or warranty).

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
It is my understanding that manufacturers are required to supply parts for a minimum of 10 years. Anyone please correct me if I’m wrong.

Update:
After thinking about my previous statement, I decided to do a little research. This article sums up what I have found.

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
CF wheels are very durable. I tracked my GT350R alot before and after the motor failed and never had an issue with the CF wheels.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I've seen some amazing repairs on CF wheels. No one can tell they were repaired. Unless the CF wheels are stolen you should be ok without a spare set.

B. West

GT Owner
Dec 17, 2012
Irvine, CA
Carbon Fiber wheels are available. All parts have to be available for final production vehicles still in the warranty phase.