Carbon Fiber vents on Ebay

metalman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 22, 2006
GULF GT asked:

Carbon Fiber Clamshell vents on eBay? Who is this, anyone know? Thanks.

I know Mike (the Ebay seller) his is not an unreliable source. I met Mike last year and we get together several time a year with about 100 other exotic owners for Chicago / Milwaukee cruises and dinners.

I guess there are some earlier threads from Mike or something that might have rubbed someone the wrong way, I don't know or care about that, I'm much too busy to worry about that type of thing, But no one here knows Mike and I do, so I'm chiming in.

Gulf GT asked if anyone knows him and I'm answering, I know him and he's a good guy.

Metalman

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
His ethics are such that he is not welcome on this forum.
Carbon Fiber vents are being developed by our forum sponsor, KIP EWING.
Your wrong, DBK and I have had contacts with him. See DBK's comments on the thread where I deleted the link.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I guess there are some earlier threads from Mike or something that might have rubbed someone the wrong way, I don't know or care about that

Whether or not you don't know or don't care, we do. I asked him to explain some things someone had posted on his behalf before, and the answers weren't relevant to the initial question or satisfactory. Has nothing to do with anyone's personality or rubbing people the wrong way; purely ethics and standards of conduct. I shared these exchanges with a few people for their thoughts and they concurred.

This is all well and good though, because in his words, "Don't need you guys anyway."

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Kip is my man, as I own one of everything he has produced so far. I was just curious who this other person was. Thanks guys.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
snap into a slim jim and follow the advice of the forum members here... The force will be with you on their advice... :cheers

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
He has altered his original listing on e-bay. His first listing stated "we" as current owners got our cars from trust funds and easy bankers, implying none of us works for a living. I was personally offended by such a remark (and you all know how hard it is to offend me!). Bony tempered my post about it, and the guy has since taken that language out of his sale info. FYI

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
That's one of the first things he said to me, which honestly didn't make any sense in the context of answering a straight forward question. "With the mentally presented most of the owners inherited the money for the cars or had a very lenient banker," to be exact.