Carbon Crazy

Kelly-X1

Ex GT Owner (Temporarily)
Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Not to step on any toes, but I've got all of Kips and GT Guys products already, and want more carbon. Looking at wheels now. I think the gas filler door and 2 release latches are prime candidates. Again, don't want to ever take away from a sponsor, but is it possible to get a recommendation for another, non competing CF source? I'd do one offs, if i can find a good custom fabricator. I saw a car with mirrors, where would those have come from?

Thanks
Kelly

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
There is some carbon in these and we offer a full carbon or billet/carbon door sill set also.

I don't know of anybody else other than Kip and Stormcat doing carbon stuff for the GT but if you really want to tackle some "one off" projects I can
give you a couple names of non competing carbon guys that will be happy to help you. P.M. me and I'll get you the info.
(if that is somehow breaking forum rules somebody please let me know)

Attachments

• 6pcsmallfile.jpg
    6pcsmallfile.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 600

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
I don't know of anybody else other than Kip and Stormcat doing carbon stuff for the GT but if you really want to tackle some "one off" projects I can
give you a couple names of non competing carbon guys that will be happy to help you. P.M. me and I'll get you the info.

I would give our supporting vendors a first crack at it before going elsewhere. Both of these fine gentlemen have done plenty of custom work for me. And if it is the items you mentioned I doubt you would be their only customer. :thumbsup

Last edited:

paulo5656

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2006
There is some carbon in these and we offer a full carbon or billet/carbon door sill set also.

complete carbon door sill or just the inserts?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007

He's already got those! ;)

Kip Ewing

CF Vendor
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 23, 2007
Suburban Detroit
carbon

Not to step on any toes, but I've got all of Kips and GT Guys products already, and want more carbon. Looking at wheels now. I think the gas filler door and 2 release latches are prime candidates. Again, don't want to ever take away from a sponsor, but is it possible to get a recommendation for another, non competing CF source? I'd do one offs, if i can find a good custom fabricator. I saw a car with mirrors, where would those have come from?

Thanks
Kelly

We do the mirrors and would be happy to do the door and levers.
Cheers
Kip

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
I'm sorry Kip, I should have just contacted you first. Honestly, by reading some of your posts, it just seemed you were so busy I didn't want to bother you for such a small project and patience is not one my virtues.

I'll pm you some details and we can post what you think appropriate.
Kelly

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
do you have a carbon toilet yet (no joke they make them)? sounds like you are in need of one.

Jason's Auto Spa

May 22, 2007
IL & AZ
carbon-fiber-toilet-seat-cover.jpg

It's a start! :thumbsup

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Does that make you poop faster? 'cause I know this Mexican place downtown that is basically nitrous for your butt.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
i like the billet hinges!:lol

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
try this

carbon-fiber-toilet.jpg

PROJECT321

Nov 13, 2008
Fresno, Ca
complete carbon door sill or just the inserts?

Paulo, We do just the inserts. If your looking for the whole thing I have seen some but I think they where a wrap. Not sure where they came from but Bony had them and they looked pretty good.

I was just looking for a toilet seat for the shop the other day.
Now I have found it! Thanks!

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
here is some crazy carbon :)

aston_DBS_Cyrus-02.JPG

Kelly-X1

Mark IV Lifetime
May 24, 2009
RV-Nomad, USA
Ok, even I have my limits, although I think my check book will hit a limit before I actually do.

Mullet

FORD GT OWNER
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 21, 2008
Houston Texas
thats impressive.......and cool.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
There Has To Be a Logical Reason for the Carbon Fiber Toilet

http://gizmodo.com/5582366/there-ha...ed:+gizmodo/full+(Gizmodo)&utm_content=My+MSN

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

If BONY had KNOWN about it - HE'DA HAD ONE!!!!!!!

(Or SEVERAL!)

Last edited:

doogie48084

Mar 21, 2007
Taylor Michigan
I didn't notice the GT Guys in the list of suppliers!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Thats an oversight on our part. The GT Guys are also a viable source.