Car Carrier / Shipping FAQ

Feb 14, 2006
Exactly what bony said. Make sure that the transporters insurance covers your car, not yours. Some companies will say that they cover up to $100,000 and anything over that is an additional $$$ per $100k etc. If you need any help, let me know,just send me a PM.

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Has any one heard of Yerardi transport?

When, i asked if he had done a GT he said yes,But when i asked about a side
door of his trailer he said he did not need one he goes though window with no diff,huuuuuummm? what do you think? Short haul about 110 miles.From hanover,MA out cape cod MA.Any suggestions on someone who would help?
Dealer dident know of any one.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GFORCE said:
When, i asked if he had done a GT he said yes,But when i asked about a side
door of his trailer he said he did not need one he goes though window with no diff,huuuuuummm? what do you think? Short haul about 110 miles.From hanover,MA out cape cod MA.Any suggestions on someone who would help?
Dealer dident know of any one.

On an enclosed trailer there should be plenty of room for the door of the GT to open and close. I watched mine being unloaded and nobody crawled through a window.

Feb 14, 2006
I will tell you that I do go through the window on the GT's. It is much easier for me... Just be sure the driver takes his shoes off and there is no problem with that being done... I am about 6'2" 155lbs and it would be extremely hard for me to open the door and get out of the car with it in the trailer. The only reason for that is since the door goes over head instead of like a normal door.

Redline Auto Transport Inc.
www.redlineautotransport.com

oskie100

GT Owner
Nov 23, 2005
Simi Valley, California
Hey Wayne, @ Redline, I Could Really Use Some Info From A Pro. I Am Setting Up A Trailer For My 'gt' And Was Wondering About Correct Placement And Spacing Of 'd' Rings. Also If Regular Tie Downs Are Best Or Wheel / Tire Baskets Are The Trick? Anyway Hope You Can Help Me Out!
Thanks,
Patrick

GaryA

Jan 24, 2006
My trailer has a side door and it makes all the difference in the world getting in and out of the cars with no touching. I never could figure out why anybody would buy a trailer without the driver's side door option. It's only about $300 extra.

After watching drivers crawling out windows or having to open the door and let it rest against the inner trailer wall, I knew I would never have a trailer without one.

Here's a picture of a Viper in my trailer that I'm about to deliver:

256311-ACR1.jpg

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Aside from his professionalism and reputation, just another reason to use Gary to transport your cars!

GFORCE

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2006
Yes i agree side door is a no brainer.

Any one know of any trans CO.In mass.Got vipers too.Not much of a big deal when its a convrt with no side door.

Feb 14, 2006
I wish my trailer had the side door on the driver side to get in & out of cars... It would make it just a "bit" easier. lol But since I don't, doing it Dukes of Hazard style works just fine.