Car blower/dryer

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Anyone try the Big Boi car blower? I just got it and am thoroughly impressed
6 speeds 3 Attachments and blows 20 degrees warmer than outside temp. The temp is adjustable as well

Attachments

• 1F9C7190-457A-4D0E-9483-EB04DCFD4B17.jpeg
    1F9C7190-457A-4D0E-9483-EB04DCFD4B17.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 41
Reactions: soroush

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Ron do you know how to use that?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I've used a 120 mph leaf blower for the last few years now.
Works like a champ. Takes only a couple minutes to blow dry my full size P/U.
'Cost a little over $100 as I recall.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Don’t blow the XPel off your GT you just got finished!

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
I've used a 120 mph leaf blower for the last few years now.
Works like a champ. Takes only a couple minutes to blow dry my full size P/U.
'Cost a little over $100 as I recall.

Which one did you get and is it cordless? I just bought a small lithium ion powered one for $130 that claims 150MPH but it was more like a hair dryer so I took it back.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Which one did you get and is it cordless? I just bought a small lithium ion powered one for $130 that claims 150MPH but it was more like a hair dryer so I took it back.

It's a Toro "Super Blower". They're only made in 'power cord' form...at least that was the case when I bought mine.

(The label attached to the unit reads, "up to 215 mph"...but my guess is that would be possible only if the unit were operated in a 100 mph tailwind...OR one used compressed air to feed it. ;-) )

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
A 6 speed! Paddle shift? That's the most appliance speeds I've seen since a 15 speed Hamilton Beach blender.

This blows big time. $29.93 and one day delivery. Sadly, only a 2 speed Powerglide. Of which I only use 1 speed. Doubles as a leaf blower they say! Never tried that though.

Never touch your car with a drying towel again.

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I use my Stihl backpack leaf blower. It actually works well as a leaf blower too.

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Been using the Metro Master blasters for years. Work great and huge power. A bit pricey. Anything STIHL is great but I am partial--been representing them 3 years. My only worry with leaf blowers is accidentally hitting the surface.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Been using the Metro Master blasters for years. Work great and huge power. A bit pricey. Anything STIHL is great but I am partial--been representing them 3 years. My only worry with leaf blowers is accidentally hitting the surface.

I agree on the Metro Master blaster. Pricey but the thing is the real deal.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Also, the MetroVac has slightly heated air, which is nice, and it's filtered. I love mine!

Not exactly sure how the leaf blower is designed, but I believe it's just got a giant fan sucking air in and then blowing unfiltered air out. When you're blowing leaves, you don't care about picking up particulate matter and sandblasting it into your leaf pile. The car, however....

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I use a Stihl Magnum 600. 200+ MPH. Just washed car and took ~5 min to dry w no spots or streaks on a black FGT.