Cap on belly pan

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
All,
I did an oil change on the new GT today. When I dropped the middle belly pan, this cap was sitting loose on top of the pan. Any idea where it came from? I'm guessing it was covering some component during assembly and someone was just too lazy to fish it out of there. Any thoughts?20220206_145031.jpg20220206_145037.jpg

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Has Wooley been to your house? My guess is you are correct, or something from the road flipped up there. Italian Joe may be your best bet.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
You're right. I bet Gary dropped it in there to mess with me when I visited him a few months ago

Reactions: GKW05GT

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
All,
I did an oil change on the new GT today. When I dropped the middle belly pan, this cap was sitting loose on top of the pan. Any idea where it came from? I'm guessing it was covering some component during assembly and someone was just too lazy to fish it out of there. Any thoughts?View attachment 65514View attachment 65515
Looks like the cap that fits over the starter positive battery cable.

Joe

Reactions: Special K

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Joe. Is that easy to get to.

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Thanks Joe. Is that easy to get to.
YES ONCE THE CENTER BELLY PAN IS OFF

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
How did you know where find the lifting points under the car?

John

Special K

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 23, 2016
Franklinton, LA
How did you know where find the lifting points under the car?

John
I did my oil change on a 4 post. No sweat!

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
I did my oil change on a 4 post. No sweat!
I have a 2 post, so is there special pucks that go on my arms to fit in holes under the car?

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
I have a 2 post, so is there special pucks that go on my arms to fit in holes under the car?
Hello Jsonday, you can use your hoist pad and place a regular hockey puck on top of that and the lift points you can't miss them it's a round metal pad the size of the hockey puck.

Joe

Magic

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Mar 13, 2010
Fredericksburg, TX
Search for my earlier post about my 600 mile oil change. I've got info on which picks to use. some could be too big and damage your under belly pans.

Jsonday

Aug 2, 2022
Hello Jsonday, you can use your hoist pad and place a regular hockey puck on top of that and the lift points you can't miss them it's a round metal pad the size of the hockey puck.

Joe
thanks

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Remember there are two different lengths of the belly pan bolts. Be sure to make a drawing of the location of the different lengths.

Reactions: italianjoe