Canadian GT

TS3673TS

Jul 17, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Is the only difference in the Canadian GT vs the USA GT, the fact that there was no optional radio available, or was there other differences?
Thanks in advance,
Terry

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
Bolt-on rear bumper extension to meet Canadian crash standards. It looks terrible and I'm sure most have been removed.

06fordgt

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 8, 2006
Toronto Canada
In addition to the extended bumper mentioned above bilingual documents and stickers on the windows, heavier insulation in the front to take a higher impact speed, no Macintosh to save weight. Daytime running lights, Only specific 2006 cars were made for and allowed into Canada, initially. I believe all dealers ordered them with all 3 options available- Stripe package, painted brakes and BBS lightweight wheels.

SaskGT

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2013
From what I understand there is the rear bumper extension and foam behind front bumper to meet Cdn crash standards, some gauges have symbols instead of writing (to avoid French/English rules), daytime running lights and no optional stereo. Also some of the decals are Canadian. Basically the same and yes the rear bumper extension is ugly.

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Were the bumper extensions easily removeable or is it a major project? They sure do make the car look ugly from behind. Also, Canadian cars usually bring a lower resale than US cars. Who knows why but it seems to hold true for all cars not just the GT.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Were the bumper extensions easily removeable or is it a major project? They sure do make the car look ugly from behind. Also, Canadian cars usually bring a lower resale than US cars. Who knows why but it seems to hold true for all cars not just the GT.

Likely that most of the US cars have the McIntosh radio - a $4,000 option on the MSRP.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also the icons are different on the gauges, us says fuel, ca there is a gas pump icon, if I recall correctly.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Were the bumper extensions easily removeable or is it a major project?

Easily removed. See the yellow car in post #13 in this thread:

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/s...to-be-no-more/page2?highlight=Canadian+bumper

SaskGT

GT Owner
Dec 24, 2013
I just recently removed the bumper spacer from my car and it took about an hour. Take out 8 bolts to remove the bumper then 8 bolts to remove the spacer then reinstall the bumper.

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
I was going to import Canadian FGT and a difficulty I ran into was the door decal did not have the US DOT compliance wording. Had to get letter from Ford confirming compliance to show at border along with other documentation.

xrayman396

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2006
Bucks County Pa
I brought a GT back into the US from Canada last year, the compliance letter can be purchased from the Ford Store web site for $18.00 , There is no duty fees also.
Any questions PM Me Thanks

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Any other downsides other than resale value and ugly bumper? I've been looking at a few Canadian cars at Legendary Motorcar.
Thanks

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
All Canadian cars had red brake calipers and had to order BBS mags. Stripes were an option. Could not get standard rims. I factory ordered two with no stripes. The heritage edition I bought came only one way. In Canada it was a $16000 option

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
Thirty-five cars built for Canada had Gray Calipers. There were none with Standard Black Calipers.

Jeff

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
^^^ The 35 with grey callipers were all Heritages. And I think that what Don meant to say was that all Canadian cars had 'optional' callipers, as is not black ones. All were red except the Heritages, as he well knows. Ask him to tell you the story of how he ended up with a Heritage. It's a good story :rofl

Last edited:

globalgrooves

May 29, 2014
Hi Xrayman i have some questions on bringing in a canadian spec car to use can you give me a call when u can thanks
neil 310 739 seven180
I brought a GT back into the US from Canada last year, the compliance letter can be purchased from the Ford Store web site for $18.00 , There is no duty fees also.
Any questions PM Me Thanks

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Also advantage of US dollar stronger than canadian dollar. $185,000 US equals $200,000 Canadian right now on the exchange.