Camilo and Jay Leno

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Not only needing a battery, but how about a set of struts to keep the trunk and clamshell open?
Camillo did make a lot of small comments that Jay did not pick up on, like the one piece unit to be able to open the clamshell easier. Also, it would have been nice to make a battery tender at the driver's front fender.
Anyway, that video was fantastic.

Or how The bumper design facilitates removal of said bumper? 😎

Reactions: alexhay3

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The ‘05-06 GT definitely rocks.

17D346F2-9B64-41D9-9460-215CC0555B8A.jpeg

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
nice! I learned a few new things about my car :)

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Great video!!!

Does anyone know where Jay's original video of the GT can be found? Or does anyone have an "off site backup" they could send to me?

Thanks!

unotaz

GT Owner
May 24, 2018
Los Angeles
I thoroughly enjoyed watching the video TWICE!

Reactions: FerrariSlayer

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
I thought it interesting that Camilo also mentioned his parts in the SVT Lightning and 03/04 Cobra. This is a testament considering both of which are becoming highly sought after for just 15 year old vehicles. It was also interesting that he noted the design team never envisioned the GT appreciating so much in value.
yes i did not know he was involved with those car either....

Reactions: Special K

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Thanks for posting the video. Very educational (loved the Story about the 2nd fuel cap) and entertaining. Very lucky that everything at the time of designing it came together and it passed all possible gates. We owners are very lucky guys for sure.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Loved the story about the wheels; esp how the deep inset concept cars wheels were impossible to produce. Loved those. The six-spoke base-wheels are pretty deep.

Could be my ears; but start-up sounded hesitant; like when my battery was low...

Attachments

• 0DA3DE49-291B-4BF5-9477-7F5427F2ECD3.jpeg
    0DA3DE49-291B-4BF5-9477-7F5427F2ECD3.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 2B9E0B1C-C16C-4F22-93D1-6D38EF0AA40B.jpeg
    2B9E0B1C-C16C-4F22-93D1-6D38EF0AA40B.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Just watched it, very nicely done.
Best part: Camilo offering to hook Jay up with the AL seat insert.
Worst part: Jay’s speedo not working, (notice that when they were talking about the tach D shape).

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Just watched it, very nicely done.
Best part: Camilo offering to hook Jay up with the AL seat insert.
Worst part: Jay’s speedo not working, (notice that when they were talking about the tach D shape).
Those were parked still shots with the car off in the garage.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Seemed like the shots of the speedo were indoors. Looked like the "go pros" were on the windshield. Didnt see a camera on the rear or side glass when they were driving that would show the speedo when moving. (eidt, what Simon posted above)

Surprised with so much discussion about the doors, the internal debate of operable windows (or fixed) didnt come up, or the symmetry of the rear view mirrors (vs them being positioned to actually work).

Indeed, time for a battery.

Jay’s speedo not working, (notice that when they were talking about the tach D shape).

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Seemed like the shots of the speedo were indoors. Looked like the "go pros" were on the windshield. Didnt see a camera on the rear or side glass when they were driving that would show the speedo when moving. (eidt, what Simon posted above)

Surprised with so much discussion about the doors, the internal debate of operable windows (or fixed) didnt come up, or the symmetry of the rear view mirrors (vs them being positioned to actually work).

Indeed, time for a battery.

Yeah, Jay/Camilo sure missed a good topic for that piece re: the operable windows.

Not new but, I smiled at the part of the discussion re: the control arms and a certain artist benefiting from same.

An epic moment missing from the piece, was the unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show. A unique moment in Ford Auto Show history, perhaps second only to the intro of the New GT (literally stealing the crowd as it rolled past Acura’s NSX during its’ intro). The 2002 GT intro was a ‘Complete Attendee Experience’ with car models outfitted/dressed in 60’s Camilo inspired attire.

Just timeless stuff! ;-))

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
This one?

Great video!!!

Does anyone know where Jay's original video of the GT can be found? Or does anyone have an "off site backup" they could send to me?

Thanks!

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Yeah, Jay/Camilo sure missed a good topic for that piece re: the operable windows.

Not new but, I smiled at the part of the discussion re: the control arms and a certain artist benefiting from same.

An epic moment missing from the piece, was the unveiling at the Detroit Auto Show. A unique moment in Ford Auto Show history, perhaps second only to the intro of the New GT (literally stealing the crowd as it rolled past Acura’s NSX during its’ intro). The 2002 GT intro was a ‘Complete Attendee Experience’ with car models outfitted/dressed in 60’s Camilo inspired attire.

I am sure he probably discussed the window topic as well as many others but it may have ended up on the cutting room floor due to time constraints.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah video could have probably been 2 hours. I had to brace myself, and work up to the fact it was 39 minutes.

Those 2 moments would have indeed been worthy especially the 2002. The centennial cars wasn't bad either (from what I have seen as nope, I wasn't "there")

Reactions: scode

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
Gotta love that Camillo! Very well done guys

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
This one?

Nope (though this one is cool too!)

The original Leno video - he described how it was an emotional purchase, etc....

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
[still] Turning heads and hearts everywhere it goes...A remarkable tribute and also beauty in its own right.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
This footage is a treasure. Always so much to learn about the history of the Ford GT.

On a funny note, around 31:00 into the video, when Camilo is talking about the fuel filler cap. And how they stole a fuel filler door from his design. And his desire for pairing and symmetry and twos.

And he starts by saying, "it's like a girl..."

Whew. Thought for sure that was going to go to head to a different subject matter.

"wearing one earring..." was a smooth analogy.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
And he starts by saying, "it's like a girl..."

Whew. Thought for sure that was going to go to head to a different subject matter.

"wearing one earring..." was a smooth analogy.

Wonder if that was the first take, or...not! hah!

Reactions: Special K