Calling Centerpunch - Start up the "fordprices.com" site!!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
He did a great job the first time.:wink

Never though we would get another chance to buy a new FGT............

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
here we go again... seems like it was only yesterday !!!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
$250k

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I am guessing will be $275-300k.
The McLaren 650s and Ferrari Speciale are $300kish, I think, so hard to think can be priced too much more.

wheelb

GT Owner
May 22, 2014
Miami Fl
The McLaren 650s and Ferrari Speciale are $300kish, I think, so hard to think can be priced too much more.
i tend to 100% agree.

SuperNova

GT Owner
Jul 4, 2013
Ashburn, VA
start 199k and will have four options to max at 255k+

:D

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
i tend to 100% agree.

Both of them will make as many cars as they can. The total number of the new GT is about 1200 total with 300 per year. I think that will change the mix just based on recouping manufacturing and engineering.

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
I still have the domain, but if I do it again, I'll definitely do it in a way where I make more than 50 cents an hour!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I still have the domain, but if I do it again, I'll definitely do it in a way where I make more than 50 cents an hour!

Hey, at least I contributed a bunch! It was the rest of the cheapskates that hosed you!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Hey, at least I contributed a bunch! It was the rest of the cheapskates that hosed you!

Yes Dave, you did!

A generous handful of folks sent me $50 to $500 bucks as thanks, and I appreciate it.

The site was really done for fun, which it was.

I'm working on a new car enthusiast site, but I will think about whether a new GT site might also make sense. (I doubt it tho!)

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Oh wait, Dave did much more than that, hooking me up with valuable signed memorabilia that I ended up selling to another lucky forum member for a few grand.

Sorry, Dave, I guess my nearly 60 year old brain is missing more that a few neurons!

Judson

GT Owner
Sep 20, 2006
I own an 06 GT. I am a retired Ford dealer and had 17 other stores. This is my take as of today with the information we have so far. If the new GT is in the price range of its competitors, it will negitavely affect the values of all of the 05 and 06 cars with one exception: the people who have the few cars with less than 500 miles. In my opinion if you don't have one of those go drive your GT and enjoy. This should free many to do just that. Only the hard core collectors will now be the premium market for "old" GT. Mileage cars, with over 4000 built, won't be a ticket to price appreciation in the future. On the new GT, if the car is a limited production car with an end production date, the dealers this time are going to charge thousands and thousand over sticker, even more than before. If you can find a dealer to sell you one at sticker, buy it. If it's a no end date production car, the dealer premium will eventually go away. This new GT is a knock out. Right car at the right time.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
here we go again... seems like it was only yesterday !!!

+1 and this "newest GT" has brought many of our "old" forum friends back on-line. Good to hear from them all for sure.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'm guessing it will be closer to $400k than $250, but I guess Ford can afford to sell at any price they wish to set? Hope they offer midnight blue with white stripes!

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
He did a great job the first time.:wink

Never though we would get another chance to buy a new FGT............

YES! If he is so inclined, he really made an impact last time around. He even drove up to Hudson, OH on a snowy winter day to have lunch with me in 2006. He is the MAN!

centerpunch

ex-GT owner x2
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 16, 2005
OH/NC
Tim, clearly Ford agrees with you and I that blue-no-stripes is the best color!

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas

Try to touch either one for that price. I dare you. 400k plus for either car, IF you can get one (which you can't)

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
$400K, holy Dollars Batman, where are you going to take it for an oil change ? I am starting to lose sleep already :rofl

dmark1

GT Owner
Dec 18, 2010
Dallas
I own an 06 GT. I am a retired Ford dealer and had 17 other stores. This is my take as of today with the information we have so far. If the new GT is in the price range of its competitors, it will negitavely affect the values of all of the 05 and 06 cars with one exception: the people who have the few cars with less than 500 miles. In my opinion if you don't have one of those go drive your GT and enjoy. This should free many to do just that. Only the hard core collectors will now be the premium market for "old" GT. Mileage cars, with over 4000 built, won't be a ticket to price appreciation in the future. On the new GT, if the car is a limited production car with an end production date, the dealers this time are going to charge thousands and thousand over sticker, even more than before. If you can find a dealer to sell you one at sticker, buy it. If it's a no end date production car, the dealer premium will eventually go away. This new GT is a knock out. Right car at the right time.

While I do not have your experience in the car field I can tell you from dabbling in Ferrari for the lat 25 years, the newest model does not necessarily degrade the pricing of the older models IF there is enough difference in the car looks and technology wise. In other words a Speciale doesn't hurt a Challenge Stradale but it DOES hurt a 458 or 16M Scuderia. I do believe that the idea of a 500,000 dollar 05 GT is now dead (except for those 500 mile versions) but I do not see the pricing of the cars to go DOWN from current levels. Level it out maybe, but not down. The cars are just too different. Remember that a 1999 Diablo Roadster (or a 1982 Countach) is skyrocketing right now in value even as the much more angular and technologically superior Aventador is out. Lots of people (including myself) do not care for the overly angular look of the new exotic and in my opinion the new car doesn't come close to the looks of the old one. That combined with paddle shifters, driving nannies and (horrors!) a V6 engine will keep these cars from competing too much at the same price point.

To put it simply there are a LOT of people paying 100K more for an old Countach these days than a factory new Aventador. I think the same principle will happen here.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Wow, look at all the new post speculators. Welcome back to the Forum, we may set a record for viewers and posters any day now. Ha ha