Buying my first GT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Shelby, the OASIS report should say if the axle bolt was done - you didn't say. If not you should get it done by the dealer before you take it.

tkennedy41

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2012
Yardley, Pa
Any recommended PPI companies. I live near Philadelphia. I'm surfing the Internet but not finding anything specializing in a FGT.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Several here on the forum. I'd start with Rich @ the GT Guys.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Any recommended PPI companies. I live near Philadelphia. I'm surfing the Internet but not finding anything specializing in a FGT.

Several here on the forum. I'd start with Rich @ the GT Guys.

What 'shelbys said!

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007

Top 5 that come to my mind are, depending on location:

Rich & Denis - "The GT Guy," just south of Detroit in South Rockford, Michigan
Shelby Smith - "Elite Motors," Jonesboro, Arkansas
Rich Roback - "Invisible Touch Enterprises," Kingman, Arizona
Bill Knobloch aka "Shadowman" - "Discovery Automotive," Placerville, California
Kendall Pond aka "nota4re" - "Cooltech, LLC," Newhall, California

Plus the Hennessey Dealerships in Sealy, Texas and Lake Forest, California, and Heffner Performance in Sarasota, Florida. Perhaps Kip Ewing in Royal Oak, Michigan.

I'm sure there are others, but these come to mind.

Last edited:

tkennedy41

GT Owner
Apr 12, 2012
Yardley, Pa
Well, I have a little work to do but I hope to have a car soon. Thanks to all for quick responses and informative info. This Forum is great, THANKS!

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Good luck. Get a PPI.

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Shelby, the OASIS report should say if the axle bolt was done - you didn't say. If not you should get it done by the dealer before you take it.

The oasis will NOT tell you anything that has been done before the warranty is started, although if the dealer had them done, he should have record of it in his system. Oasis only starts recording service history, recall history, etc once the warranty starts. Everything else is considered INTERNAL work before the warranty is started

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The oasis will NOT tell you anything that has been done before the warranty is started, although if the dealer had them done, he should have record of it in his system. Oasis only starts recording service history, recall history, etc once the warranty starts. Everything else is considered INTERNAL work before the warranty is started

Makes sense. The "adjustments" I had on my Mustangs didn't show up either.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Looking to buy my first GT

It's not 'buying a GT". Here's to to the future other GTs!

Ed

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I had someone knowledgeable go look at my car before purchase and I agree with the crowd here that its necessary.

cobrajeff

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 5, 2006
Daytona Beach
MY data says that 5-1135 was built with the optional Forged Lightweight Wheels on it - pictures I've seen show Standard wheels - wonder what the Maroney says?. I see that it was offered for sale in 2009 with 402 miles on it. Offered earlier this year at $199,000 - still not serious about selling the car.

I'm sure Shelby can find you a car just as nice for a better price.

Jeff