Brought tears to my eyes,

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Heading up to Sinclair Ford this am about 7:15 to install new fuel gauge. Clear day with temperature 20 degrees, high :cry:humidity on to I-55 north into passing lane in 3rd gear. I've done this hundreds of times. Never when it was this cold with my GT. Frost on highway. Started to spin, couldn't keep up with it and slammed a guardrail about 60 MPH or so. Damaged every surface of GT. Probably totaled. No damage to me other than a crushed ego.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
So sorry to hear this, Gary. Glad to hear you are ok - that's obviously the most important news.

And makes sure I'll be extra careful driving to Scottsdale and back to Canon City CO. Never know what weather we'll run into.

JoeZ

GT Owner
Sep 10, 2014
So saddening to hear this. All that matters is your ok and you can replace the car when you are ready.

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
just a car Gary and its a lot easier to replace than a part of your body.

glad you are ok ... sh*t happens.

Beez

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 28, 2016
South Denver
So sorry to hear of such a terrible day. Thank you sharing your awful experience, it could have been any of us. You have all our support in wishing you well.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Something like that is definitely traumatic - but keep it in perspective...

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Very sorry to hear of your accident. Glad your ok. Even though it is a car, feels like losing a family member at first.

Rick Mustang

GT Owner
Mar 29, 2016
Central Texas
Upgrade to a better one. It’s an opportunity. Glad you’re ok.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Oh my, that sucks. We are all glad noone was hurt.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Thanks for your support and comfort. As we all do, if its possible to love an object i loved this yellow car. I do have a 2022 GT allocation so that is consoling.

Reactions: analogdesigner

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Gary, Gary, Gary. You know better. Sorry to hear this. Glad you are OK.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
As others said thank goodnese you are ok. If car was well insured - there are always a few nice ones out there avail to replace it. Injuries are not so easily swapped out

Last edited:

spartan

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 11, 2017
Bloomfield Hills MI
That stinks. Glad you are fine. Makes getting the new GT even more exciting.

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Just glad you're ok!
Car can be replaced.
You can't.
Best,
Mark

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Ugh. Sorry to hear that Gary. Even brought a sinking feeling to my stomach just reading it.

At least you are OK.

Tomcat

GT Owner
So sorry...and understand the knots in your stomach! Morn and then get back to it. Enjoy the path to the NGT and repair or part-out the 06.

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
As others said thank goodnese you are ok. If car was well insured - there are always a few nice ones out there avail to replace it. Injuries are not so easily swapped out
Cost to repair or ACV, whichever is less, less deductible. should be ok regarding insurance. Will know soon.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Gary, sorry to hear. I know that "sinking feeling..then the pissed off feeling " that arrives almost seconds later.....when a car gets mashed.
Andy (ajb)

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Rich Brooks can repair anything plus I hear he has a service chassis in the crate.

Reactions: roketman and Nafod

Flatrod

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2008
Anchorage, Alaska
Glad to hear you are ok. I know how you are feeling, I was a passenger in a 05, that the very same thing happen. I was thinking of buying the car, and we were out for a test drive. I didn't buy it, but it was repaired!