Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
"I think I'll ride with you FOR A FEW MORE YEARS!" :lol

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
"I think I'll ride with you FOR A FEW MORE YEARS!" :lol

I would hope that was staged. there's nothing brave about it. It's just plain stupid! Especially the comment "when you get your license" sure, I'd give my teenager a $150K+ car @ 550+HP and turn him loose in a parking lot!

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
You're only young once. Get him two, a red one for show and a blue one for go.

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
The kid seemed to know what he was doing.

I think Lewis Hamilton at 15 would have showed anybody on here how to do it.... It is not always a question of age...

Plus Sunday morning, empty parking lot...

Luke Warmwater

Permanent Vacation
Jul 29, 2009
Boondocks, Colorado
It's a setup. If you look closely it looks like the person driving is wearing a light colored shirt. If not maybe the kid has a future in F1 lol! I was doing donuts in the farm truck when I was 10. Sadly, my NASCAR career fizzled after my dad discovered that I'd taken out a row of fence posts and the cows got out doh!

911teo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 5, 2007
Surrey, UK
It's a setup. If you look closely it looks like the person driving is wearing a light colored shirt. If not maybe the kid has a future in F1 lol! I was doing donuts in the farm truck when I was 10. Sadly, my NASCAR career fizzled after my dad discovered that I'd taken out a row of fence posts and the cows got out doh!

That made me laugh!!!!

Hans

Jul 16, 2008
Saskatoon, SK, Canada
I would hope that was staged. there's nothing brave about it. It's just plain stupid! Especially the comment "when you get your license" sure, I'd give my teenager a $150K+ car @ 550+HP and turn him loose in a parking lot!

Not all teenagers are morons, although it may seem that way. My dad has let me drive the gt solo before, but thats only because he knows im not going to A, be in much traffic, or B, be an idiot with it. BUT then again, im 16, not 14, so...

MK2_GT

GTX1 Owner
Mar 25, 2006

LOL! classic

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

When I was around 9-10 yrs old, we lived "way out in the country" as the area was referred to in those days. So, there really wasn't any traffic AT ALL out there to speak of...'might pass ONE CAR in a 5 mile round trip...MAYBE. Anyway, one day I drove my dad's panel truck (3-spd stick) down to our "neighborhood store" (2 miles away) and back while my folks were in town doing 'whatever' (I wanted a Coke, dang it!). The store owner was a bit 'shocked' to say the least when he saw me get out of the rig! And, judging from the fact my folks never confronted me about that, I guess he never "ratted" on me.

A couple of years prior to that, I drove my mom's car (automatic) from the main building of my school to the cafeteria bldg across the playground from it (a distance of about 30 yards)! MOM caught me doing that and was none too pleased...but, my schoolmates were impressed! :lol

When I was about 12-13, my folks LET ME drive the afore mentioned panel truck up the back roads behind our house to cut/gather cedar boughs to decorate our eves/doors/windows for Christmas.

(And, YES Clinton, Sam, et all - I DID drive more back then than I do now...:bored)

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
...I wanted a Coke, dang it

(And, YES Clinton, Sam, et all - I DID drive more back then than I do now...:bored)

Back in those days Coke was the real thing and had coke in it! :lol

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Back in those days Coke was the real thing and had coke in it! :lol

That might explain the urge alright...:biggrin