Book Report on progress of Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT

bitzman

Permanent Vacation
Oct 7, 2005
The book Ford GT40 and the New Ford GT is still being fact checked and awaiting the attention of the art director to change a picture before giving the printer the "green light" to run the presses.

For those of you who didn't read about it before the authors are
Wallace Wyss, Brian Winer and Al Axelrod.

The book will be 224 pages, hardbound, with 32 pages of color and over 100 b & w illustrations.

Different from the Edsall book will be some clay model shots not seen in print before plus a driving impression of the car and a discussion of the recalls.

Only 1,000 of the books will be printed in the First Edition. You will not be able to order it from the Wisconsin company that sells most car books because they wouldn't answer our phone calls.

List price will be $59.95

Wyss & Winer previously published GT40 Photo Archives, and Winer owns both a Safir GT and a '06 GT in Tungsten. Wyss published the second expanded edition of Ford vs. Ferrari by Anthony Pritchard, second edition, copies of which are still available from Winer who is at e-mail Trueford@aol.com

We thank Ford GT owners for their patience. We decided if we couldn't be first on the market (Edsall had an inside track as Ford was ordering some of his books for promotional purposes) we would do the most complete job we could.

We'll spread the word when the books arrive....

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
based on your 'chicken poop kid' remark aimed at Carroll I will find a way to live and love without your book. When do you plan to become a paying member of this site, as you sure are using it to make money off it? :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll :troll

Last edited:

LEMANSZ

Gt Owner
Jan 11, 2006
SoCal
me three

w. mitty

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 1, 2005
Me too.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I'd buy a bunch if my white GT you saw at the Concours Italiano with the Gurney Bubble was in it.

KJRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 4, 2006
SoCal
Please count me in for one too :biggrin

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I'd like one too, please.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I as well

Midnite Blu

GT Owner #755
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
Southern California
I'm in for two........George

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Please put me on the list.

quick time

GT Owner
Jul 27, 2006
I will take one also. thanks.

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
I would like one as well.
thanks

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I would like one also. Thank you.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Chicken poop book.

I don't need a book about chicken poop. I'll pass. :thumbsdow

Chip

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
ChipBeck said:
I don't need a book about chicken poop. I'll pass. :thumbsdow

Chip

Don't like GT's or this book? :confused

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Awsum GT said:

Hey Jerry,
Take a look at the other thread Bitzman started and how he refers to Shelby...
Each to his own, but the GT would be another failed race car if it was not for Carroll. It is interesting that the Cobra is the most copied design, and many replica owners enjoy Shelby bashing. What I don't understand is a guy who is making money on this site, not paying a time to support it and then starts a thread in a disrespectful fashion. Carroll is my hero. I will not feather this guys bed after he bashes my hero. My two cents.
Cheers,
daniel

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Love GT's.

Awsum GT said:

Awsum,

I love GT's, I was at the rally and I own 2006 yellow/black GT #589. I just bought a 427 SC Cobra as well. AND, I buy every book I come across about Shelby cars. When I was 10 years old (1966) my father was running a Ford dealership in Scottsdale and I met Carroll Shelby for the first time. I don't really know him but have talked to him briefly as a young man and now as an old man. He has driven and WON at Le Mans, owned and ran three teams that won at Le Mans (GT40 Mk II, Mk IV, Datona coupe), created the Cobra, the Shelby Mustangs, made the GT40 a winner, had a heart transplant, and come back to build more outstanding (very expensive) Cobras and now the new Shelby GT500. Yeah I know all the stuff about the bogus continuation Cobras. So he's not perfect, either am I. But he is a living legend who has been there and done that and I admire him, his cars, his track record, and his history. He had a big hand in creating the only two cars I ever REALLY lusted after (Cobra and GT40) and I am tired of seeing people bash him. Folks talk about him trying to make a lot of money from his cars and copyrights. I'm trying to make a lot of money too. I bet more than half of our GT owners make more money than Shelby does. But we don't have our names on the back of thousands of cars and our names in the record books. God bless Carroll Shelby. He's not a kid anymore, and anybody who calls him the "chicken poop kid" has just slammed a man I admire. That's why I won't buy his chicken shit book.

Chip

Last edited:

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Chip... I agree 100%... I had no idea he said that. I'm out also...

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
ChipBeck said:
Awsum,

I love GT's, I was at the rally and I own 2006 yellow/black GT #589. I just bought a 427 SC Cobra as well. AND, I buy every book I come across about Shelby cars. When I was 10 years old (1966) my father was running a Ford dealership in Scottsdale and I met Carroll Shelby for the first time. I don't really know him but have talked to him briefly as a young man and now as an old man. He has driven and WON at Le Mans, owned and ran three teams that won at Le Mans (GT40 Mk II, Mk IV, Datona coupe), created the Cobra, the Shelby Mustangs, made the GT40 a winner, had a heart transplant, and come back to build more outstanding (very expensive) Cobras and now the new Shelby GT500. Yeah I know all the stuff about the bogus continuation Cobras. So he's not perfect, either am I. But he is a living legend who has been there and done that and I admire him, his cars, his track record, and his history a lot. He had a big hand in creating the only two cars I ever REALLY lusted after (Cobra and GT40) and I am tired of seeing people bash him. Folks talk about him trying to make a lot of money from his cars and copyrights. I'm trying to make a lot of money too. I bet more than half of our GT owners make more money than Shelby does. But we don't have our names on the back of thousands of cars and our names in the record books. God bless Carroll Shelby. He's not a kid anymore, and anybody who calls him the "chicken poop kid" has just slammed a man I admire. That's why I won't buy his chicken shit book.

Chip

Very well said my friend... you have said it all.
That being said how is the Kirkham :biggrin ??

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
in out in out in out. I'm hungry for a burger.. California joke :rofl
All I hd to do was read bonys' post to know that I'm not interested in this guys crapola....