Body shop for your FGT

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
I understand if you are not too far from the GTGUY to get your baby put back together, that's where you want it done. Where would you go if you are in the western states like AZ and ID?

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I would ship it to GTGuy

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Ditto GT guy!

GT500E SS

Aug 15, 2006
Ohio
look into World Class Finish in Uniontown OH. Guys do amazing work. Their work has earned their customers awards at Pebble Beach and Amelia Island.
worldclassfinish.com

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
Whenever I have had body work done in the past it has never been where I have not had to go back a few times for one thing or another.
That might be hard for me if I have the car delivered to me in AZ. or ID.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I wonder if Kindigit in Salt Lake City UT would do it for you? Their Bitch'n Rides TV program seems to indicate they do all sorts of quality car repairs. Kindig It Design - Custom Car Restoration and Auto Fabrication Shop

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I wonder if Kindigit in Salt Lake City UT would do it for you? Their Bitch'n Rides TV program seems to indicate they do all sorts of quality car repairs. Kindig It Design - Custom Car Restoration and Auto Fabrication Shop

I would be afraid it wouldcom back with 24” wheels.

. ;)

Reactions: reiner

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL

. ;)
I think the spinners would look cool. Hope you're not confusing Kindigit with Pimp My Ride. LOL

Reactions: analogdesigner

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I'd be concerned that a shop with a TV show would have some of their focus on entertainment rather than all on the cars.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake

. ;)
:)

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
I'd be concerned that a shop with a TV show would have some of their focus on entertainment rather than all on the cars.
I agree, its all about maintaining viewer interest. Not that I would use these tv car garage programs but with a BIG EXCEPTION would be Chip Foose and it would then be a garage queen where everyone would be invited with chairs and drinks to sit around to debate and admire what he did to take it over the top.

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Pump the brakes on Kindig. We went there around the last Utah rally, we showed up with 30 or so GT's. They completely dropped what they were doing, and really spent the time with us because they all care (we were there I think 3 hours, this was NOT a planned rally stop). The work that we saw, and the passion about cars was clear. They then voluntarily came out the the track the next day.

Reactions: extrap

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Kindigit does outstanding custom work—no one is better. We got a tour of the facility at Rally 12 4 years ago. If you want a “Bitchin’” custom paint job, that would be your place. I don’t think they do straight body work though. And I’m sure there’s a significant wait to get in.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
The cost of shipping it to The GT Guy would be less than having to fix someone else's mistakes. Not that Rich is the only good body work guy, but he is probably the best GT body work guy.

Tomcat

GT Owner
I saw a Kindigit resto-mod at Amelia Island and it was a standout among ~1,000 cars.

oli

Sep 15, 2012
Hayden Lake
When the time comes, I figure sometime in the spring, but who knows, I can just hope '22, will be my year, by that time I will have enough opinions.
Right now Rich Brooks is #1.

Last edited: